Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

21 weeks pregnant. Anamoly scan showed reduced water in water sac and less growth of baby. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
I am currently 21 weeks 2 days pregnant. In the Anamoly scan, the doctor has detected that the water in my water sac is reduced and my child's growth is of 17 weeks only. Please tell me how to increase the water content so that there are no complications to my baby and me. Please help.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Decreased liquor needs evaluation for its cause. Discuss with your gynecologist and rule out leaking. You also need to give blood sample for tests like TORCH IgM, TSH, etc., in consultation with your local doctor. In addition you should have ultrasound every fortnightly for fetal growth monitoring along with Doppler flow. If your congenital anomaly scan is not done get it done.

For now, drink lots of fluids and take balance diet XXXXXX in XXXXXX leafy vegetables, pulses, milk and milk products. Good amount of fluid consumption is essential to maintain adequate levels of liquor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor