20 and healthy. I was diagnosed with genital warts and

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: 20 and healthy. I was diagnosed with genital warts and examinations show there is a wart 2cm inside my urethra from the tip of my penis. Doctors say the only thing they can do is cut it open in surgery remove the wart and stitch everything back together. I want to know if there is anything else I can do? I do not want to have any complications and I also heard this won't guarantee they won't come back i.e. There is a chance I could have to get the same surgery done again.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 0 minute later
20 and healthy. I was diagnosed with genital warts and examinations show there is a wart 2cm inside my urethra from the tip of my penis. Doctors say the only thing they can do is cut it open in surgery remove the wart and stitch everything back together. I want to know if there is anything else I can do? I do not want to have any complications and I also heard this won't guarantee they won't come back i.e. There is a chance I could have to get the same surgery done again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
open surgery is the only option

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks or query ..
You have been detected to have a ward in the urethral passage 2 cm proximal to opening .

In a given situation surgery to remove the wart or to excise the affected segment of urethra and do end to end anastomosis is the only option to restore the urethral passage .

Since wart has tendency to recur the chances of getting wart again in future can not be ruled out but in a present circumstances it is best to undergo surgery and get it excised .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil. .

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
open surgery is the only option

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks or query ..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil. .

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
But if it cannot be ruled out and I have to keep going back to get my urethra opened isn't that bad? I mean its literally being cut open and then sutured back together. It really scares me and I don't want to have to keep doing that. Would you tell a family member the same? Just out of interest. And what is the best chance of me ensuring this never happens again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
If neglected risk of your urethra getting blocked completely are high

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I had emphasized in my earlier reply that there is no option rather than going for surgery of Urethroplasty .

Fear about surgery or chances of recurrence (less than 10%)can not be ground for not doing surgery which is must at this stage as there are better chances of complete cure in present situation .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Thank you doctor. These are reassuring words, I see there is no choice and I put myself in this situation.

In terms of future prevention, I just had a question. Sorry if this sounds really absurd and inappropriate.

at what point of contact is the virus able to infect someone. I ask this because when using a condom I realise that some of the vaginal fluids are caught up inside the condom by the end. Would that not mean when pulling off the condom I could be reinfected? Thanks!

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normally vaginal fluid do not enter condom inside if it is well fitted .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Normally vaginal fluid do not enter inside the condom if it is well fitted .You should make a habit to wash the genitals with water before removing the condom.

The relapse of warts after total excision over a long term is very rare .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Thank you!
Thank you!
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for writing again .

Go ahead and get the surgery done at earliest .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for writing again .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil,