2 yrs old fussy eater, has got white spots on face. What could be the reason ?
Thanks for writing in.
I would say for a 2 year old, her diet is ok. She has her cereals(rice),pulses(dal),sabji(vegetables) and occasionally milk. Are you vegetarian or non -veg.If non veg, it would be better to start her gradually on eggs and fish.What about fruits, try bananas etc.Do not force feed her,as she will dislike the concept of eating altogether.Make mealtimes fun and encourage &appreciate her when she eats well.If she doesn't like milk, try adding some bournvita powder to it.Her weight is appropriate for age.And if she is a healthy and active child , don't worry.
Coming to the spots on the face,is it white spots (like dots) or is it white flat patches on the skin. Vitamin defeciences etc can cause white(hypopigmented) spots/patches on the face.Vitamin defeciency is less likely since she is already on kidicare.
Most likely your daughter has Pityriasis alba(harmless condition).Nothing needs to be done.The patches will fade away on its own in about 6 months or so.
Hope the information I have provided would be of some use to you.If you have any further queries, I will be happy to answer them.
In case of no further queries, kindly accept the answer. Any reviews are welcome.
Have a great day.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurrent white spots on body itchy what could they be
- White spots on three year old face
- What could cause itchiness and white spots on the face
- What is the cure for white spots on face
- White spot on the nipple what could it be
- Child having white spots on face what could this be
- Having yellowish white spot on breast what could this be
- What could cause white spots in throat
- White spots on legs what could be this
- White spot in stool what could be that