2-step ppd test done. Had back injury, fracture, yeast infection and lack of sleep. Any thoughts?
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question
The skin test should be read by a trained health professional 48 to 72 hours after administration ppd. Sensitivity is indicated by induration only; redness should not be measured.
High dose steroids in any form with induration more than 10 mm is a risk factor.
One more important point:Patients with a second tuberculin test (booster) response of 10 mm or more is considered due to having experienced past or old infection.
Persons who do not boost when given repeat tests at one week, but whose tuberculin reactions change to positive after one year,
should be considered to have newly acquired tuberculosis infection and managed accordingly.
Since tuberculin reactivity may not necessarily indicate the presence of active tuberculous disease, and you have a reaction you should be further evaluated with other diagnostic procedures.
Steroids give rise to false negatives more commonly.
Thanks and take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back injury settlements in illinois
- Neck back injury from falling down steps
- Landing on your back injury
- Lower back injury muscles
- Common back injuries
- Back injury compensation amounts
- Severe back injury rib fractures basal atelectasis prescribed painkillers cure
- Yeast infection of back of thighs
- Back injury settlements article
- Symptoms of severe back injury
- Have chronic abscesses in between inner thigh and genital area. What are...
- What is the treatment for papillary cancer? Which specialist should I...
- Had skin tags removed with liquid nitrogen from neck and shoulders,...
- Child having red pimples on face, ears, arms and legs. Not cured by...
- Getting reappearing blisters on hand, mouth and foot. Not having fever....
- Found white objects in feces about the size of a large almond. What is...
- How to treat a itchy welt-like rash?
- Had unprotected sex. Tested negative for HIV. What are the test to be done?
- Had unprotected sex. Noticed red circular dot on foreskin. What could it...
- Having black and itchy skin on toe. Not cured by creams. What could it be?