1st delivery through caesarean operation. Chances of normal delivery for second child?
Thanks for posting your query.
If the previous Cesarean was a planned one like due to cephalopelvic disproportion,
Small pelvic outlet, pre-eclampsia, eclampsia etc. then the second baby would also be delivered by operation.
if there was atonic uterus, there is weak scar from previous Cesarean then the risk to baby during vaginal delivery is high and so the Gynecologist would like to deliver the baby by cesarean.
If the cause for previous delivery was related to fetus like distress, cord around neck etc then normal delivery can be tried if no contraindication.
I hope your query has been answered.
Thanks for your reply.
Just checked the reports it was written as
"EM LECS for [failed induction of Labour] fetal Tachyeodia
no pain in abdomen
no decreased absent fetal movts
no leaking/bleeding pv.
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic forum!
If your wife has a good height and her pelvic outlet assessment by a Gynecologist is fine then she can deliver normally also and at least a trial of labour should be given because the cause of previous Cesarean was related to baby.
I hope this review resolves your doubts, if still need some help please write me back. I would try my best efforts to help you out.
Wish you a pink of health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How child is born in normal delivery
- Tips for normal delivery of child
- Possibility of second baby normal delivery
- What are the chances for normal delivery
- Chances of normal delivery in single nuchal cord loop
- How to increase the chances of normal delivery
- Are there chances of normal delivery post a c-section
- Normal delivery is good or operation
- Tips for normal delivery second time
- Easy first delivery chance of easy second delivery