Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

16 month baby not eating properly. Suffering from cough, cold and fever. Can i continue the CYP-L?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
My baby boy is 16 months old. Weight 10.5 kg, height 82 cm.. He is very active but not eats well.I am worried about his weight gain.Doctor prescribed him CYP-L for improving his apetite.. will It increase his weight? For the last 4 days he is suffering from cough and cold. and mild fever. i have given him only paracetamol, but he is not eating anything.. no solids,.. only juices and milk.. will be it sufficient for him? he is crying also.
Can i continue the CYP-L during this?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
At this age, height and weight of your boy is quite normal. A child not eating properly might have worm infestation or some chronic infection.
I would suggest you to go for stool test for ova and cyst to rule out worms. If there is an infection, we would need to start appropriate medication.
When children are sick, they would generally tend to eat less. At this time, give him calorie dense foods like kheer, sabudana khichdi, suji with milk so that a small amount will also give them enough calories. In addition, give him steam inhalation twice a day. If the cough and cold is pretty severe, please see a physician. For the blocked nose, you can put saline nasal drops like Nosair saline 2-3 times a day. He may need some medications like anti-allergics which need to be given under the supervision of your physician.
CYP-L is given for his appetite. This will improve his appetite and will start eating. You can continue giving CYP-L during this period.
Hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
The very best for your child.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor