1.5 year old, developed cold. Given steam inhalation. Medicine?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hi, My 1.5 year old daughter has just developed cold ( running nose). Her nose is not blocked at the moment. I wanted to check which medicine should i give her and what dosage. She has had piriton cs or relent in the past. She does not have any cough. I have already started giving her steam inhalation. Please let me know at the earliest. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Arun 3 hours later
Hi
Your baby probably has upper respiratory tract infection , mostly viral. You can give relent as you mentioned around 2 ml two or three times daily.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli