1.5 year ago have what I think was auto immune

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 1.5 year ago have what I think was auto immune reactions on my skin to left breast, groin area, left side of neck that all eventually went away. Had all areas worked up including breast biopsy all negative. Breast and groin area cleared with prescription clobeotolol ( topical steroids). Everything fine until now same itch reappeared.
Question could this be autoimmune issues from my liver ( last time autoimmune markers in blood work were negative )?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn’t seem to be related to autoimmune liver issues, upload pics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and the rash doesn’t seem to be related to autoimmune liver issues according to your history.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the rash so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Here are pictures of left areola with dry skin and two raised areas that become itchy at times. I used XXXXXXX XXXXXXX butter last time over months and it went away ( after skin biopsy that was negative) now it’s like a flair up that I can not trace what triggered it. Let me know if you can not see picture ( not sure if I attached to response)
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous rash, topical steroids, antihistaminic, moisturising cream

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be an eczematous rash.
Its not related with any liver issues.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and regular application of a moisturizing cream containing white soft paraffin on the entire breast 3-4 times in a day.
For itching take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D