14 years old, diagnosed with gyneomastia. Is this common in this age?
Thanks for writing in.
I am sorry to hear about your son.
Gynaecomastia is common in adolescent boys and they usually settle in time though they occasionally need surgery.
In Klinefelter Syndrome, there are some physical characteristics
(1)Weaker muscle strength
(3)Less facial hair due to less male hormone
(5)Microorchitism ie Small testicles.
Some but not all have learning difficulties.
If you are that worried and anxious, please consult a pediatrician for Physical examination and Chromosomal study for diagnosis. Karyotype will be XXY instead of XY. I hope I answered your queries.
Dr. S.K XXXXXXX
Also would dr have noticed small testes in exam last year when I was concerned abt his man boobs
Thanks for writing back.
The normal testicle is 2 inches in length 1 to 1.5 inches in width.
There is an apparatus called Orchidometer to measure the size of testicle.
As regards to the muscle strength, with your subjective assessment, I am unable to comment.
I hope I have answered your queries.
Dr. S.k. Mukherjee
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lymph node on child head, it doesn't move, hard. Please suggest...
- 13 year child's hand started hand trembling. Should I go for check up?
- Bleeding after bowel movement, used prep H. No family history of cancer.
- Child has running nose due to weather change, given Piriton syrup. Is...
- Tip of penis burns when urinating, masturbating twice daily, yellow pus,...
- Newborn has jaundice. Done tests. Is there a chance of coming up this...
- Red bumps on arms, warm to touch. Taken Benedryl. Now sore muscles....
- Child has increased leukocytes, stomach ache. Prescribed antibiotics for...
- Child has yellow stools, increased bilirubin count, watery stools. What...
- How tall can a child become by playing basketball?