10 months child swallowed mosquito repellant cream. Suggest some remedy
My 10 months old baby swallowed mosquito repellant cream. Please let me know any remedy. for this immediately.
Thanks for your query.
The mosquito repellent cream usually contains a chemical called N-diethyl-benzamide or a similar analogue. This chemical causes weakness in the muscles and if the dosage is heavy it can cause difficulty in respiration as the respiratory muscles get weak.
I would strongly recommend you to take your child to the Emergency Room and get examined for danger signs and manage specifically.There is no home remedy you can try on a 10 month old child safely in home.
Do rush to the ER now
I Just called a doctor and check with him the same. He mentioned nothing to worry....
Please explain this contradiction .
Mosquito repellent usually contains N-diethyl-benzamide or a similar analogue.This may in some brands be combined with mosquito contact inhalant poisons like allothrin which causes muscle and respiratory weakness.
In some brands like ODOMOS N-diethyl-benzamide is a lone content , though non toxic it can elicit a allergic or anaphylactic response in some if consumed orally or mixed with blood stream.
Since its a baby 10 months old, I would consider it would be safe for him to be examined once just to be sure there is no impending signs of allergy or stomach upset.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Accidental intake of mosquito repellent cream harmful
- After swallow odomos mosquito repellent lotion
- Icy hot repel mosquitoes
- Dermadew lotion as mosquito repellent
- Allout mosquito repellent content
- 10 months child swallowed mosquito repellant cream suggest some remedy
- Swallow odomos mosquito repellent lotion
- Are mosquito repellents safe for infants
- 10 month old child swallowing small object
- Swallowed mosquito repellent liquid precautions
- White hair on infant's head. What is the cause for this?
- Burning pain in stump after left leg amputation, sciatic nerve surgery....
- Masturbation addiction, semen leakage, genitourinary infection
- Pain the the chest bone. Stopped Mercillon pills after long term use....
- Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of...
- MRI showing diffuse bulge of the discs, excessive fat deposition ,...
- Child having worm shaped growth spreading in the legs. Started as a...
- Hyper-extended wrist, bruised and swollen. Been wearing splint on thumb...
- Constant tiredness, instantaneous drain effect, stomach pain, SGOT, SGPT
- Pinching feeling in chest, erratic heartbeat. Why?