1 yr old child has blood in diaper. Any reasons for this ?
this case is 2 time in a week
Thanks for writing in.
Seeing blood on diaper of year old baby raises few possibilities.
1] Most common is constipation.
If baby is constipated, hard stools can give rise to blood streak on diaper.
2] Diarrhea: in case of infective diarrhea, blood might be seen on diaper.
3] Anal fissure: look for any tear on baby's skin. It can also cause blood on diaper. Baby cries a lot during passing motion, if he develops fissure.
4] Change in diet sometimes causes irritation of gastro-intestinal tract and leads to blood in stool.
If this has happened only twice and not more than that, we can safely take it as just a deviation from the normal. This should not alarm you.
If above conditions does not exist in your baby’s case; consult pediatrician and get thorough examination done for proper diagnosis.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 15 year old in diapers
- Child passing blood in stools whats the reason
- Child has blood in urine what could be the reason
- Mucus blood in diaper
- Blood in newborns diaper
- Reason for blood in childs ear
- 4 month old blood in diaper
- What is the reason of coming ants on 1yr old childs urine
- Blood drop in diaper male
- 12 year old in diapers
- Excessive sweating on feet & palms. Hereditary problem. Tried...
- Need medication for hair fall reduction
- RBC count outside the reference value. What is the solution?
- Have indigestion and gastric which has led to dysentery. Was diagnosed...
- Taken Rabipur vaccine. What are the chances of rabies through non-bite...
- Infant hospitalized for vomiting. On isomil. Can there be an alternative...
- Pain in the forearm after weight training. Suffering from Tennis elbow....
- Cough due to allergy. Is dust the reason? Tried inhaling steam and...
- Have hypertension, discomfort in chest. Angiography revealed double...
- Have Lichen nitidus. Prescribed with Execare, Tacroz. No relief. What...