1 year old, frequent urination. Can weather be a reason for this?

Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth

Pediatrician, Neonatology

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Question: My 1 year old daughter urinates very frequently, she drinks about 1 litre of water daily.
there is no other abnormality associated in her day to day activities, she eats our normal day to day XXXXXXX leaves curry(spinach or vegetables), Ragi and Cooked rice with vegetables, pomegrenate
Is it got to do with the weather being at 16 to 20 degrees centigrade in bangalore?
Should we be concerned
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 10 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Yes you are correct!
In cold weather people do ass urine more frequently.

But if she has any other symptoms like crying when passing urine,,fever,poor appetite etc,it may suggest urinary infection.
A urine routine and culture may be needed if suspected.

For the time being just watch her!

Good luck
God bless

Dr Uma