1. I have been hearing them for 5 years since

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 in Mental Health
Question: 1. I have been hearing them for 5 years since 2013. 2. I hear them all the time of the day, around 10 time every hour, they ask me about every step I make. 3. Sometimes is clear, and sometimes is ambiguous. 4. Sometimes there are triggers, like if I get stressed, or if I make mistakes at my job. 5. I can make conversation with them, and somewhat control the way or topics we talk, like if I yell them, they threaten me or yell back. 6. Sleep is bad sometimes because of them especially when they threatened to kill me. 7. The probable delusion that they can control my actions somehow. 8. No, but this started happening more since I broke up with my wife. 9. No substance abuse. 10. I'm 28 Male. Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Thanks for following up.

I have gone through your answers and of the opinion that the experience is not normal. This kind of experience often takes place among individuals with any form of psychosis, particularly schizophrenia. I mean to say that there is a possibility that you are suffering from schizophrenia.

Although schizophrenia is a broad illness with a variety of symptoms but on the current date majority of individuals with this illness respond well to medications. The most commonly used medications include Olanzapine or Risperidone. Although it is upon the treating doctor I often start with 5 mg olanzapine on an empirical basis for the individuals with a similar form of symptoms.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below-mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee