Secondary passed: 1996, Selected National scholar,
Higher secondary passed: 1998, Selected National scholar,
Other professional achievements
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS / ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
1. Dey P, Sharma N, Samanta S. Fractal dimension of cervical intraepithelial lesions on cytology smear. Anal Quant Cytol Histol
2. Samanta S, Dey P, Nijhawan R. Micronucleus in cervical intraepithelial lesions and carcinoma. Acta Cytol.2011; 55:42-47.
3. Samanta S, Dey P, Nalini Gupta, Mauleeswaran, Nijhawan R. Micronucleus in Atypical squamous cell of undetermined significance. Diagn Cytopathol 2011; 39:242-44.
4. Samanta S, Dey P, Nijhawan R. Micronucleus in breast carcinoma. Cytopathol, 2010
5. Arora SK, Samanta S, Dey P. Letter to the editor: Epithelioid Cell Granuloma in CSF Cytology. Cytopathol
6. Samanta S, Dey P. Review article: Micronucleus and its application. Diagn Cytopathol. 2010
7. Samanta S, Vaiphei K, Rajesh Vijayverghia. Isolated Idiopathic Right Ventricular Dilated Cardiomyopathy: a Case Report –Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2011; 54:164-6.
8. Samanta S, Swamy CR, Varma N. Aberrant Expression of CD8 in B-cell CLL: a Case Report – on precess
9. Samanta S, Swamy CR, Varma N. Near total erythroblastopenia with amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia in SLE: a rare case report – on precess
10. Shaily Susheilia, Samanta S, Dey P. Micronucleus assay in buccal smears of breast carcinoma patients. published online: 2010 Diagnostic Cytopathology
11. Samanta S, Sultania N. Primary Pulmonary Choriocarcinoma in a male: a rare case report. Annals of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 2014;:C1-C4.
12. Pleuropulmonary blastoma in 12 years old girl: FNAC diagnosis: Samanta S, Sharma SK
13. Giant cell tumor of the pancreas- a rare FNAC finding: Samanta S on process -
14. Case Study: Coexistence of tuberculosis and adenocarcinoma in the colon
15. Quick Case: Biphenotypic blast crisis in CML in a young female
16. Case Study: Persistent infection in surgical wounds: Atypical mycobacteria and its surgical treatment
17. Case Study: Intra-abdominal actinomycosis may present as a malignant tumor
18. Case Study: Inflamed foot cyst may be fungal tumor
19. Case Study: Incidental low grade invasive transitional cell carcinoma of minor calyx in a hydronephrotic kidney with renal stones
20. Case Study: Recurrent and cyclic appendicitis in females: suspect pelvic endometriosis
21. Case Study: Supraclavicular nodules in females: May be primary duct carcinoma
22. BCG Tubercular lymphadenitis in a 4 month old boy with Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome:
23. Unusual cytomorphology of acute suppurative thyroiditis:
24. RA-RS: A 75 years old male presented with severe anemia for last 2 years.
25. Incidental Vertebral Myeloid Sarcoma in a young male: FNAC diagnosis
26. Sellar tuberculoma presenting as pituitary adenoma
27. Case study: Incidental hepatic amyloidosis in a young male
28. Quick Case: Malignant mixed Mullerian tumor presenting as pelvic tuberculosis
29. Quick Case: Pilomatric Carcinoma Presenting as Huge Scapular Swelling with Bone Destruction
30. Quick Case: PEComa (perivascular epithelioid cell tumour) presenting as a nasal polyp
31. Quick Case: Rectal Cancer Presenting as a Perineal Abscess
32. Faucial diphtheria complicated by myocarditis
33. Other cases: black cirrhosis in khaini-eater, Mucle biopsy in LGMD diagnosis, role of core biopsy in the diagnosis of para-spinal tumors, co-existence of pulmonary tuberculosis and adenocarcinoma, papillary carcinoma in thyroglossal cyst etc.
1. Thesis oral presentation in CYTOCON-2009
2. 14 CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL CONFERENCES and 100 other regular presentations in PGIMER
3. Attended 8 international scientific conferences
4. Public Seminar to wake up the clinicians in sub-urban areas: ‘ROLE OF TISSUE DIAGNOSIS IN ROUTINE CLINICAL PRACTICE’
5. 20 presentations / seminars for technical up-gradation and training of paramedical staff
6. CMEs on HBA1C, HER-2-NEU, OVARIAN CANCER, CELL COUNTERS, FLOWCYTOMETRY, LUNG PATHOLOGY, FNAC etc.
7. Clinico-pathological studies and presentations with discussion:
8. 40 weeks male baby stillborn to multiparous mother with Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease and Ductal plate malformation
9. 30 yrs. Male k/c/o hepatitis B with Mixed nodular cirrhosis –hepatitis B related, complicated by portal vein thrombosis resulting in left lobe atrophy
10. 37 yrs. Male, known alcoholic & drug abuser with Dilated Cardiomyopathy possibly due to drug abuse
11. 40 years male with Acute cholecystitis with cholelithiasis & ascending cholangitis;Mixed nodular cirrhosis (? Etiology) with florid cholangiolitis;Portal hypertension –fibrocongestive splenomegaly, esophageal varices & ascites and Acute micro-abscesses –heart & kidneys
12. Disseminated cryptococcosis : the organism in CSF, Peripheral blood, pleura and bone marrow
13. LD bodies in peripheral blood
14. Systemic mucormycosis with pulmonary aspergillosis in 10 years old diabetic boy
15. Pneumocystis pneumonia and cytomegaloviral cholecystitis
16. Hydatidosis involving lung, liver, kidney, brain in a 37 years old male
17. Seminar: Medical management of ovarian cancer, ROCHE
18. Seminar: muscle biopsy, Medical College, Kolkata
19. Attended CME on Her-2-Neu IHC by ROCHE
Research and publication links on the web: