Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Zinc rich diets advised for erectile problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   hi doctor
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   DR. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   hi doc, XXX here
User :   i have erection problem
User :   erectile dysfunction
Doctor :   ok. please describe your symptoms in detail.
User :   its not staying erect and its weak, arlier it was like solid rock and its not able to withstand the erection now even for a min
Doctor :   ok. i will need to ask you few more questions to be able to understand your problem better and suggest you remedies. shall I proceed?
User :   Plz go ahead
Doctor :   do you masturbate? if yes since when are you doing it? what is the frequency per week?
Doctor :   please provide your age, marital status.
User :   yes for past 9 yrs, and 4 times a week
User :   28 and got married b4 9 mnths
Doctor :   are you able to achieve erection?
Doctor :   if you are able to achieve erection how long are you able to maintain it?
User :   i am not able to acheive erection now a days
User :   say a month
User :   1 min it can stay
Doctor :   ok. is there increased stress levels in personal or work life?
User :   No stress in my work or personal
Doctor :   is your mind preoccupied with any tension during time of intercourse?
Doctor :   were you able to have satisfied intercourse after marriage until this problem began?
User :   it will be cool when i start it, but when i am undergoing interourse its size decreases or in the beginning itself it wont have erection, i dont have any mental disturbances
User :   Yes i was able to satisfy
Doctor :   ok. since there was no problems before, it could be a problem that can be rectified. you will need further examination to see if any problems has happened.
User :   ok u mean to say i need physical examination
Doctor :   next step would be to get hormone levels checked to make sure that there is no deficiency. testosterone levels and semen analysis to be done
User :   ok doc
Doctor :   yes I meant physical examination
User :   whom to meet
Doctor :   next step would be to start following diet rich in zinc with green leafy vegetables, pulses (eg rajma, beans etc), and sea food (if you do take non veg food)
Doctor :   you need to meet an urologist for physical examination and to get prescrioption for testing testostrone and DHEA levels.
User :   u want me to continue with diet first and go, or shall i proceed to a urologist now
Doctor :   if any abnormality is found, treatment would be initiated as indicated by the examination and test results. if everything is found to be normal, then practicing of this technique will help
Doctor :   you can start everything together at a time for added benefits.
User :   fine doctor, what would the estimated time to get rid off this problem
Doctor :   the technique is called as 'start and stop' technique.
User :   perferct doc
Doctor :   it depends on the cause for your problem
Doctor :   if hormonal cause is there, it might need 1-2 months time to get treated
Doctor :   if deficiency of diet is cause, then 2-4 months
Doctor :   and with the technique practiced well with patience, about 3-6 months time.
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   yep i have
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   thanks doc, let me fooow this and get back if required
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
User :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor