Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Yellow discharge and foul smell during sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi,I get yellow stains on my panties and also while having sex my partner complains of bad smell..please help
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   4 yrs..female..unmarried
User :   34
Doctor :   Since when are you noticing these symptoms?
User :   34 yrs
Doctor :   Since when are you noticing these symptoms?
User :   last six mths or so for the yellow ness
User :   I am not currently sexually active but was couple of yrs back when my partner complained
Doctor :   Do you have abdominal pain, pain or dicomfort while passing urine?
User :   nope..
User :   I do get bad itching sometimes..mostly before couple days when I am going to get my periods..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor?
User : not comfortable talking abt this to a doc..had asked abt itching to a doc we had in office, and she suggested a tablet and a cream, which has helped
User :   floribact is the cream I apply
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have history of diabetes?
User :   no
User :   my medical is fine..recently had blood tests..
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   Presence of yellow coloured discharge is abnormal.
User :   ok
User :   urine tests
Doctor :   The commonest cause of yellow discharge is an genital infection/vaginitis.
User :   i do not get any discharge, bt the panties turn yellow
Doctor :   Yellow staining indicates that you are probably having yellow stained discharge,
Doctor :   this may be staining your undergarment.
User : what do I do to avoid this?
Doctor :   You will need a swab test of the staining.
Doctor :   Antibiotic creams will be needed if there is an evidence of an infection.
Doctor :   Else, drinking plenty of water,
User :   I am consiously trying to drink lot of water
Doctor :   Contine with it.
User :   after every visit to the washroom, I wash, does the wetness also effet badly?
Doctor :   2. Regular and frequent changing of tampoons is necessary.
Doctor :   Yes, regularly washing may remove the
User :   I dont use tampoons
Doctor :   natural commensals in the genital regions
Doctor :   which can add to the infections.
Doctor :   This can also be the reason.
User : I guess I need to just clean with tissues after short job rather than water?
User :   Can I try some vaginal tablets before going to the doc for swab test or do I go directly
User :   abt the smell?
Doctor :   Suppositories and vaginal tablets are often prescribed for fungal infection,
User :   can u suggest a brand name which I can buy?
Doctor :   its role in the treatment of a bacterial infection is not significant.
User :   oh
Doctor :   Foul smell, with yellow stains needs evaluation.
Doctor :   Bacterial infections are the most likely cause.
User :   I need to c a gynac?
Doctor :   hence I strongly recommend that you get a swab test of the stains.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Yes, a physical examination is recommended, but if you do not have access to see a gynecologist,
User :   I do not currently
Doctor :   my suggestions are as follows
Doctor :   1. Get a vaginal pH test done.
Doctor :   It's a simple test which is performed on a kit (which is available easily) at your local chemist
User :   ok.what do i ask for at the chemist
Doctor :   A alkaline pH suggest that you have an infection.
User :   doc, only a min is remaining?
User :   ok..
Doctor :   You can ask for a vaginal pH strip.
Doctor :   If the pH is abnormal,
User :   thanks and if alkaline, what do I take?
Doctor :   then drink plenty of water and get to the gynecologist
Doctor :   who will guide you in getting the swab test.
Doctor :   A specific antibiotic will cure your symptoms.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor