Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Wrist injury - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :  
User :   Hi
Doctor :   How may i help you ?
User :   I recently got back into rock climbing at my local wall. Yesterday while climbing I felt something give way up my wrist in my hand.. It was kind of a thud feeling, felt like my finger popped out of joint, but it hadnt. The pain got worst as the adrenalin wore off, and this morning i woke up in pain. Throughout today ive been able to move my hand and my fingers more and theres less pain. It was my 'Ring Finger' that it happened to. I can move the finger independantly fine, and all my others but at the moment i cant clench my fist has it feels really tight in the palm of my hand. I was wondering if you think i may have torn a ligament or anything? and if i should see a doctor about an MRI scan? :(
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   well if you can move your finger than that means that ite not displaced or fractures
Doctor :   how long has it been ?
User :   just under 24 hours
Doctor :   then i suggest you wait for 2- 3 days
Doctor :   wear a bandage
Doctor :   put ice packs
Doctor :   and after 3- 4 days if the pain has not subsided or if you feel any tingling sensation
User :   Okay.
Doctor :   then you should get it checked
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please ?
User :   Thanks Dr Oberoi, I shall try that.
User :   21, Male
Doctor :   your welcome
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor