Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Wounds due to falling require medical attention - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help?
User :   hello i fell over on the weekend and have cut my hands and arms i havent been to doctors but think they might be infected but im not sure
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   To get a better picture I need this information--Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: User :   age : 19 gender : male marital status : single
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   was there any bleeding?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what was the first ais that you had taken?
Doctor :   first aid
User :   i just went in shower and washed it
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what was the sorface that you were in contact when you had a fall?
User :   conrete it was a carpark with littles stones and stuff on it
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is the cut approximated today?
User :   wot does approximated mean
Doctor :   i mean is it healed?
Doctor :   is there any discharge from the sound?
Doctor :   that is oozing
Doctor :   from the wound
User :   no just scabbed over looks abit yellow tho
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   as the area around the wound warm?
Doctor :   is there any swelling around the wound?
Doctor :   is the area around the wound red?
User :   yes its red and think its abit swolen
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what about warmth?
User :   no not warm
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   from the history that you have provided the chances that it is infected is not likely
Doctor :   and i would advise you to get an tetanus toxid immunization if that is practiced in your part of the world
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   yes ok
Doctor :   have i answered your query??
User :   yes
Doctor :   fill this and say when done
Doctor :   is there any thing else that i can help with?
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   yes i also hurt myself just below my waist when i fell my belt hit that area and its really sore and iv had chest pains and sore ribs since
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   that may be a myalgia
User :   and wots that
User :   whats
Doctor :   it may be
Doctor :   a sort of muscle sprain
User :   oh rite i was just worried incase it was anything serious
Doctor :   i would that you rule out
Doctor :   any under lying fractures
User :   ok
Doctor :   is there any thing else that i can help with?
User :   no thank you
Doctor :   how did you get to know about us?
User :   my friend told me about you
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   There is a friend referral contest going on. You can win prizes if you refer maximum number of your friends in a day. You can also win Rs. 1000/- per week if the number of your referrals is highest in the week. There will be a form coming up on your screen now.There is a button to import contacts from your Gmail, Yahoo, AOL ID's. Please refer your friends to this service with a click of the button and importing contacts instead of entering the email ids manually
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor