Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Wound on back of head - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   I was shaving my head and I accidently cut myself.I started to bleed in the back area,I know that there are many head veins.Can something bad happen?
Doctor :  
How can i help you
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
i will help you in this
Doctor :  
can i ask few questions
User :   yes please
Doctor :   wats your age
User :   i am 18
Doctor :  
did it bleed heavy ?
User :   it didn't,it stopped bleeding after a 2-3 minutes I think
Doctor :   ok
User :   that area is now a bit redish
Doctor :   did you immediately apply pressure over the bleeding spot
User :   i didn't,i applied a bit of betadine
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
have you received tetanus injection
User :   i haven't,last shot was about 4 years ago.the razor was clean
Doctor :   You need the following treatment
User :   before shaving i always apply a bit surgical spirit on the razor
Doctor :  
1. cleaning the wound, application of antibiotic cream and dressing
Doctor :  
2. Tetanus injection
Doctor :  
3. also a course of antibiotics
Doctor :  
to be on safer side to prevent the infection of the scalp region

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor