Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Worried about HIV infection risk - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   i had around 6 six years back bitten a lady on her hand. This did not lead to abrasion nor blood coming out. is there a chance to get sexually transmitted diease now or HIV. Last year i had done Rapid Test for HIV before Piles operation and the result came as non reactive. Pl adivse I am scared.
This i am asking now as my wife has been recently diagonised with pelvic inflamatory diease. We do not have any other partners                                                  
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read it
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   That is not related to your wife's condition as such
Doctor :   and also through biting
Doctor :   there has not been a case reported
Doctor :   till now
Doctor :   through that route
Doctor :   so it is less likely
Doctor :   and last year you have got the test repeated
Doctor :   so there is no issue
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Are you getting it?
User :   i am very afraid of late i having some oozing from penis ie there is some slight stain in the underwear and have little pricking pain in the penis end and have light irriatation during urine do i have sexually transmitted diease
Doctor :   that is not a specific symptom for HIV as such
Doctor :   There are other conditions
Doctor :   which causes such discharge
User :   my doctor at that stated that i have not cleaned my inside my foreskin told me to clean it and gave some ointment. more over my wbc is around 4700 my weight is 41.5 kgs though i am 45 yrs old . I am very scared whether i got AIDS from that lady though i did not have sexual intercourse and just had bit her hand hard. pl seek your advise
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   WBC count is in the normal range
Doctor :   weight is of concern
Doctor :   Have you lost weight after that incident?
User :   no i have always been underweight i was 36 kgs post marriage increased to 46kgs and after piles operation last year reduced to 41.5kgs. Actually after the incident i must have gained weight.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   then it has no correlation in your case
Doctor :   and cannot be attributed to do anything
User :   is it possible for one to contract sexually transmitted diease even with one partner and when both did not have sexual relationships with other except husband and wife
Doctor :   Yes, but not HIV
Doctor :   but other bacterial infections
Doctor :   not sexually transmitted
Doctor :   but infection of the private part
Doctor :   for example if your wife has bacterial infection
Doctor :   in her vagina
Doctor :   which could be due to some contamination around her private part
Doctor :   and it gets transmitted to you
Doctor :   if you have intercourse with her
User :   my wife has been diagonised with pelvic inflamatory diease she had regestrone recently for ten days one tablet daily to prepone her menses can this lead to her pelvic inflamatory diease
Doctor :   No, that cannot be pointed to
User :   ok thanks i am logging out you have atleast cleared my concern about aids by biting thank you
Doctor :   Sure
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor