Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

White patches on the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   hello my name is XXXXXXXX and I think I am looking for a procedure known as frenuloplasty, umm I removed some skin on my penis and revealed some white substance below and it hurts a lot to remove it myself but when I remove it the area begins to feel better. There are also things like little macaronies or little u's that I have begun to remove and again the area feels better. Again it hurts a lot to remove them myself so I was wondering if you have heard of this before and where I can get some help, I am currently living in the north east US.
Doctor :   HI
User :   hello
Doctor :   I am Dr. xxxx
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   Nice to meet you
Doctor :   Give me a couple of minutes
Doctor :   Do you mean your main problem is white substance below your foreskin ( when retracted) and you are not comfortable with it
User :   yes
Doctor :   What is the white substance? Is it sticky and scrapy or scaly?
User :   The white substance it seems like some form of skin cancer or something, it is sticky and comes off if I pull hard enough. it is sticky to my flesh on the penis but when i try to pull it off with something it is kind of slippery
Doctor :   Is it foul smelling?
Doctor :   How is it problematic to you?
Doctor :   Do you have pain or itching or bleeding from it?
User :   I am not sure on the smell, when I remove some there is a smell released sometimes
User :   It is problematic as it gives me a painful pinching sensation
Doctor :   even when you do not pull or pick it?
User :   yes
Doctor :   What is your age and are you sexually active?
Doctor :   Can you send me a picture of it to my email ID?
Doctor :   A close picture which I can assess
User :   26, and not sexually active, I have seen doctors close by and they tested for herpes and it is not herpes
User :   I do not have a camera to send a picture with
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when are these white material bothering you?
User :   About 5-6 days ago
User :   And they really hurt so I am seeking any help possible
Doctor :   What did the doctor say about the condition?
Doctor :   Any medication given?
User :   They recomended some medications but I know removal is the option
Doctor :   Any possibilities mentioned by the doctor?
Doctor :   What is the medicine?
User :   No
Doctor :   Do you have this material underside of the penis ?
User :   They recommended Koflex I think
Doctor :   Do you have this at the frenulum?
User :   What is the frenulum?
Doctor :   small bridge of skin lying from the underside of the tip of the penis to the underside of the foreskin.
User :   and I am not sure of the underside of the penis
User :   Yes I think there is one at the frenulum
Doctor :   How many patches do you have?
User :   Have you heard of frenuloplasty?
User :   and there are many patches
Doctor :   Do you have this patches when you retract the foreskin ? Do you have them on the shaft
Doctor :   Did you soak the penis is warm water with salt in it and try to remove them without pain?
Doctor :   If not try this, not all at a time, some on different days
Doctor :   If it bleeds do not try to pick them
Doctor :   I do not think you need a frenuloplasty for this.
Doctor :   Are you with me?
User :   yea i am listening
Doctor :   Frenuloplasty is when your foreskin bleeds or causes pain
Doctor :   or you have phimosis
User :   ok thnks for your help Ill continue on
Doctor :   Actually you have to consult a specialist for this ( PCP's would not have good idea), Urologist
Doctor :   Did you follow?
User :   yea umm thnks for your help, i think i need to seek someone else though
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor