Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

White patch on scrotum with pus discharge - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi, I developed about a month ago a soft white patch on my scrotum (right testicle) it was about the size of a dime. No pain or swelling. Three days ago it became a blister and popped. The white skin came off and now the area is raw and has a small amount of pus coming from it. Is this herpes,hpv or something else?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   39
Doctor :   Since when have you seen this lesion?
Doctor :   Are you active sexually?
User :   about a month and yes active sexually
User :   about 20 female partners in my life
User :   I do have itchy skin in the area also but think that it is just dry winter skin seeing it iches like that all over my body (not bad or any redness or any other symptons)
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness such as diabetes?
User :   urinary tract is fine I am not having any pain with that also.
User :   no on diabetes
Doctor :   Have you had similar lesions in the past?
User :   no
User :   everything seems the same except for the dime sized white patch that became filled with fluid much like or was a blister and is now raw skin but seems to be healing
Doctor :   Are you running fever?
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor for current symptom?
User :   no on the fever
User :   I feel fine otherwise
User :   I have not seen a dr.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   Siting on one end of the computer, without physically examining the lesion, its hard task to predict the nature of the condition.
User :   i understand
Doctor :   However based on your description and the fact that you have been with a single partner and you initially had non erythematous patch,
Doctor :   it is unlikely to be an STD infection.
Doctor :   However presently it has got infected by bacterial contamination
User :   ok
Doctor :   You will need topical antibiotics, blood sugar check ups and a swab test on the pus discharge.
User :   last blood sugar check up was a year ago blood work was fine although cholesterol was high
Doctor :   Hence it is ideal that you consult a doctor who will guide you through these test and then suggest you an appropriate antibiotics.
Doctor :   In the mean time, while you get to the doctor
Doctor :   you can use the following measures
User :   ok
Doctor :   1. Clean the area with a sterile pad and keep the area dry.
Doctor :   2. Do not cover the area with plasters,
User :   ok
Doctor :   3. If it takes a while to see a doctor or if the pus discharge is not plently, then you can use topical antibiotic creams such as neosporin creams to apply on the affected region.
Doctor :   These are few tips that you may follow while you wait to see your doctor.
User :   pus dischagre is probably 10 drops a day
Doctor :   4. Watch out for fever, chills and shivering.
User :   ok
Doctor :   If they occur, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   I will
User :   yes
User :   when it became a blister
User :   I went online
User :   and most things I read about blister and scrotums said herpes
User :   in your experience is this the case or does nit not sound like that?
Doctor :   Herpes is the most common infection causing blisters on the genital region.
User :   but with a white patch for a month first or does that sound like something different?
Doctor :   However absence of fever, absence of inital redness, itching/burning sensation
Doctor :   and sexual loyalty
User :   I do have some general itching aroud my bladder and groin but not bad
Doctor :   are features against the diagnosis of the Herpes.
Doctor :   The swab test on the sample will reveal the nature of the condition and the infection.
User :   ok. If it goes away say within a few days should I still see a dr.?
Doctor :   And you will find an answer to the type of infection.
User :   Ok thanks our time is almost up
Doctor :   Yes, definitely, you will need to check your sugars
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no thanks anywatys
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.'
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor