Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

White patch on foreskin - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hi
Doctor :   hi
User :   i m male 33 married
Doctor :   ok
User :   about 2years 8 months backi had unprotected sex with one of my girlfriends
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please fill these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No
User :   15 days later there was sum fungal infection on the urethra
Doctor :   ok
User :   i used alum and it disappeared
Doctor :   give your details
Doctor :   please
User :   5 months later i got vdrl test done
Doctor :   ok
User :   it was negative
Doctor :   ok
User :   about a year back i had got hiv test & vdrl test done again twice
Doctor :   ok
User :   they were negative
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did you have unprotected sex again?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   there were never any symptoms again
Doctor :   ok
User :   now there is a small whitish patch under the foreskin
Doctor :   ok
User :   about 2 mm in dia
User :   there is no itchin nothin at all
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you have any burning in the urine?
User :   it is merged with the skin
Doctor :   ok
User :   so there is no inflammation also
Doctor :   do you have any burning in the urine?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   nothin at all
Doctor :   any pain?
Doctor :   at the site?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
Doctor :   or skin problems?
User :   nothing
User :   yeah i have a family history
Doctor :   ok
User :   of lichenplanus
Doctor :   of what?
Doctor :   ok
User :   i had this problem too 6 yrs back
Doctor :   ok
User :   skin specialist had given propysalic cream
Doctor :   ok
User :   its been perfectly fine since then
Doctor :   ok
User :   but there were small dots on the penis and they too disappeared
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   there is a genital variety of lichen planus
Doctor :   called lichen sclerosus
Doctor :   it is usually treated with some drugs
User :   can it appear under the foreskin
Doctor :   calcineurin inhibitors
Doctor :   its possible
Doctor :   there are also cryotherapy
Doctor :   and surgery
User :   i had this lichenplanus growth in my gums too
Doctor :   circumcision may help in some cases
Doctor :   yes
User :   had to do surgery to remove it 5 yrs back
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   the foreskin patch may be due to
Doctor :   lichen sclerosus
Doctor :   you need to get that ruled out by a dermatologist
User :   is it a white patch
User :   perfectly merged with skin
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   thats how it presents
User :   there is no pain, no itchin
Doctor :   usually
Doctor :   i suggest that you get urself evaluated
User :   there is nothin awkward
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   but better to catch it early
Doctor :   than wait
User :   do u suggest a testet
Doctor :   as you mentioned you have a history
Doctor :   of lichen sclerosus
User :   my father , my brother
Doctor :   these medicines cannot be prescribed online
Doctor :   you need to consult
Doctor :   as they give the medicine after clinically examined you
User :   they had these black spots all over the body when infection started
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
User :   last year about 1 and half year after the episode i had mentioned
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000 Please confirm your details
User :   yep
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please fill these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No
Doctor :   we need your details
Doctor :   for future correspondence
User :   age 33,married, software professional,wife and 2 yr old son
Doctor :   ok
User :   li had had unprotected sex with my wife and she developed rashes
User :   we consulted gynaec
User :   she prescribed fas 3 kit
Doctor :   ok\
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did you use it?
User :   everything was fine since then
Doctor :   ok
User :   thts when i had the tests done
Doctor :   it may be unrelated to your present condition
Doctor :   ok
User :   got them done twice to confirm
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   this may not be an STD
User :   i hav had no health problems since then
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   you need to consult a dermatologist
Doctor :   to rule out lichen sclerosus
Doctor :   i'm insisting because you have a +ve family history
Doctor :   it could be problematic for you in the future
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   it can appear under the foreskin too ,thts right
Doctor :   this variety might
Doctor :   anything else?
User :   has stress got sumthing to do with its appearance
Doctor :   not likely
User :   stress does aggravate lichen planus,i m aware
User :   it used to happen with my brother & father too
Doctor :   it may play a minor role but the main cause is auto immune
User :   what is that doctor
Doctor :   still i believe there is no substitute for a physical examination
Doctor :   anything else?
User :   should i consult a dermatologist
Doctor :   yes
User :   thank u very much doctor,regards
Doctor :   u r welcome
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor