Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

White deposition under the foreskin - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi Doctor
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I have some problem
Doctor :   Please explain.
User :   There is white substance getting deposited under penis forskin
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i see it every morning
Doctor :   Ok
User :   area under skin is itchy and some times burning sensation
Doctor :   Since when are you noticing these symptoms?
User :   it almost 15 days
Doctor :   Do you have any discomfort or burning sensation while passing urine?
User :   i was that area everyday while bath with hot water
User :   no
User :   no problem while passing urine
Doctor :   May I know your age?
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   my age is 24
User :   i m not involved in sexual activity but I do masturbate sometimes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you notice any foul smelling discharge?
User :   yes it smells
User :   the white substance are not easily removed unless I apply soap
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   White substances can get normally collected under the prepuce of the penis.
Doctor :   This can occur due to secretions and dead skin.
User :   ok
Doctor :   This is referred to as smega.
Doctor :   They do not cause any problem
Doctor :   However, occasionally there are chances that these can get infected.
User :   ok
Doctor :   It occurs mainly due to improper hygeine.
User :   but why it is so itchy?
User :   and burning sensation when i touch
Doctor :   Since you have itching and burning sensation, which foul smell, there are possibilities that it may have been infected.
Doctor :   In such cases you may need appropriate antibiotics.
User :   okk
Doctor :   I would suggest you to consult a doctor - a dermatologist for examination
User :   ok
Doctor :   and for the antibiotics if needed.
Doctor :   In the mean time, I would suggest you to continue cleaning with water.
User :   ok
Doctor :   This condition can be treated adequately with appropriate antibiotics, hence do not panic.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Consult your dermatologist for further treatment.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   can you suggest me antibiotic for that
Doctor :   Its unethical to prescribe the antibiotics without a physical examination,
User :   can i try some treatment by own before i got to doctor personally
User :   okk
Doctor :   hence I would suggest you to consult the dermatologist for the antibiotics.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   i will follow
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no ... thanks alot
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   bbye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor