Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

What type of test to be done to know my Kidney, heart and liver condtion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:Good afternoon
Doctor:I am Dr. XXXXX here
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:is this conversation Confidendital ?
Doctor:Yes, it is
User:What type of test to be done to know my Kidney, heart and liver condtion.
Doctor:Sure, I will suggest you on this
Doctor:For kidney functions, get blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine done
Doctor:Also, get a urine routine done
Doctor:For, Heart, you can get a simple ECG test done
Doctor:For liver, you can get liver function test done
Doctor:Liver function will include serum bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT
Doctor:Alkaline phosphate
Doctor:May I know your age to suggest you specific tests?
Doctor:Is there any pre-existing medical illness in you?
Doctor:So, you can go in for a routine medical check up
Doctor:Consisting of all the basic investigations
Doctor:Is there any specific symptom in you for which you want to get these tests done?
User:nothing like that... just i need to know what is my condition
Doctor:It is indeed very good to get yourself tested
Doctor:May I know your height and weight?
User:from past 6 months i am drinking beer 3 or 4 times a week.
User:my height is 6 feet and Weight is 80kgs
Doctor:Thank you
Doctor:There are few specific tests for you
Doctor:I will suggest them
Doctor:You can get these tests done
Doctor:Get an ECG
Doctor:LFT or liver function tests
Doctor:Blood urea and serum notrogen
Doctor:Blood urea nitrogen and serrum creatinine
Doctor:Also, get a fasting lipid profile done
Doctor:And a random blood sugar
Doctor:Urine routine
Doctor:These tests should suffice
Doctor:Is there anything else I can help you with?
Doctor:Everything is confidential here
User:as i told from past 6 months i am drinking beer 3 or 4 times a week and also i smoke
User:i need to quit both .. Could you please suggest me ..
Doctor:Those are not good for your health as you know
Doctor:I would suggest you to request for "get a call from counsellor"
Doctor:A psychiatrist will help you with this
Doctor:Would you like to go for one?
Doctor:It is free service for you
Doctor:Can you confirm your contact number
Doctor:I shall ask the CRM team to call you and fix an appointment
Doctor:They will call you soon and guide you further
User:will my number be condfidental?
Doctor:Yes, of course
Doctor:Is there anything else I may help you with?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor