Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What to do after sacral injury ? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   My wife had a sacrum and pelvic fracture on Dec,22 after she accidentally fell from our balcony. Since then she is being treated for it she has started walking just now. However, after the fracture her sacrum has moved to front side (that is what doctor told us). What will be the problems if she conceives at a later stage. (Both in terms of delivery and as well as growth of the child within womb)
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
Let me go through your query
User :   ok
Doctor :  
Please give me a couple of minutes
Doctor :  
WHat is her age?
User :   she is 23 yrs
Doctor :   Do you have children now?
User :   no
Doctor :  
With out examining your wife I say this,
Doctor :  
There shall not be any problems in conception
User :   thank you.
Doctor :  
that is pregnancy happening
User :   actually my major worry was as follows: User :   two days back we both consulted a gynaecologist
User :   she examined and said the same like her uterus is ok and she can conceive after one year
Doctor :  
There shall not major problems of foetus growth in the womb
User :   but the only thing she has to undergo a surgery during the delivery
Doctor :   as the foetus grows the womb grows into the abdomine
Doctor :  
User :   ok. so what i understand is there is no big relation between the child growth within womb and diplacement of the sacrum/ pelvis
Doctor :  
so no problem even then
Doctor :  
When it comes to her problems, it depends on her tolerability
Doctor :  
of pain, stretching of the Utero sacral ligaments
Doctor :  
so she might have problems of back pain
User :   do u suggest any exercises she might have to do to improve her stats
User :   of course i know that u have tell me this without looking to her
User :   but any generic exercises will help
Doctor :  
I suggest you to meet an Orthopedician or a Physiotherapist to help with them
User :   Ok.
User :   thank you doctor that was good news to both of us..
Doctor :  
Actually generic exercises should not be done
Doctor :  
She has to be careful in those
Doctor :  
But yes, walking can be done
User :   i can see my tears in my wife ..
User :   ok.
Doctor :  
Ask your orthopedician if she can jog, swim or cycling
User :   one last query..
User :   what is the importance of sacrum during pregnancy
User :   does it really have any effect?
Doctor :  
It is the main supporting bone for the developing foetus
Doctor :  
it is curved to retain the foetus till it grows
User :   my confusion you say nothing happens to the foetus even though the curve is now disturbed
Doctor :  
User :   sorry..but before we leave this session can i know your area of specialization
Doctor :  
User :   that will give me some confidence.
Doctor :   I am a General Physician
User :   thank you doctor.
User :   that was great chat with you.
Doctor :  
Any other question I can answer
User :   and thank you for your opinion.
User :   no i think this is the only thing i wanted to be clarified.
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done

User :   thank you & bye..
User :   hv a nice day.
Doctor :  
Thanks for consulting me
Doctor :  
Bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor