Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What tests are advisable for complete medical check up? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:Hi My name is XXXX from vadodara
User:I just wanted to ask if I want to complete medical check up for myself and my family what tests should be advisable.
Doctor:May i know your age ?
User:My age is 27
Doctor:and the age of all your family members
Doctor:at your age, and for any adult individual the follwing tests can be done
Doctor:1. complete hemogram, peripheral blood smear
Doctor:2. liver and kidney functions
Doctor:3. urinalysis
User:My dads age is 64 and mom is 54
Doctor:4. fasting and post prandial blood sugar
Doctor:for your parents i would advice the additional tests
Doctor:1. EKG
Doctor:5. sERUM electrolytes
Doctor:based on the findings of the above tests, if anythiing appears to be abnormal, then further tests can be advised
Doctor:U r welcome
User:I wanted to ask my current bmi shows it is 24, so do I need to be more cautious about my food habits.
Doctor:your BMI is normal
Doctor:the range is 18 to 25 , which is normal
Doctor:but you should do better and do more exercise
Doctor:as this will improve the BMI further and prevent further risks of conditions like cardiovascular diseases
User:From last year I am facing one strange problem. there is some infection in my body parts and puss comes out of it. I checked it with local doctor and he said it is because of viral infection.
Doctor:where exactly do u have them ?
User:The affected parts normally are my nose, eyes and now recently at my knee in my right leg.
User:It starts like a boil then puss gets accumulated which has to be pressed and cleaned.
Doctor:how large are they ? mention it in mm ?
User:The doctor advised it was because of viral infection and gave some medicines to flush the virus out of my body.
Doctor:what were the medications ?
User:Currently I have got one in my knee at right leg. I am not taking any medication as of now.
User:I just clean it at my end. I had a similar boil a month back which lasted for a week and got healed on its own.
Doctor:can u tell me the size ?
Doctor:are they less than 5 mm ?
User:very small like a peanut
User:very small boil.
Doctor:in that case, they could be due to skin infections , associated with cuts on the skin
User:I asked the doctor
User:He is advising that it is because of viral infections.
Doctor:there is no need to worry about them, as they are very benign and they resolve on their own
User:do i need to go for a blood check up.
User:The problem is that they are getting repeated on a regular basis.
Doctor:the best way to prevent them, is to clean the skin, where they occur with SAVLON solution
Doctor:or Dettol
Doctor:there is no need to do any tests as of now
Doctor:in case the size of these are large, more than 1 cm, then you will need antibiotics to treat them
User:ok thanks.
Doctor:and then you can do a complete hemogram and a blood culture
Doctor:if anything abnormal is seen, then additional tests can be done as needed
Doctor:Hope u followed my suggestions
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor