Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What kind of food should I take to reduce my weight? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 27-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
User:hi doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hi i want to reduce my weight
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:Your current height and weight?
User:height 5.11 weight 90
User:age 24
Doctor:Do you have any medical illness?
Doctor:Have you attempted to reduce weight before?
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:As per the details provided, you are above normal recommendations.
Doctor:And weight reduction is best achieved through diet and exercise.
Doctor:You will need a low calorie diet along with cardioexercise.
Doctor:As far as diet is concerned, it is best to obtain a personalised diet through a nutritionist.
Doctor:1600 - 1800 kcal diet is recommended.
Doctor:You will also need to initiate cardioexercise such as brisk walking, threadmill, jogging, swimming or cycling.
Doctor:I recommend my patients to do these exercise for 20 - 30 minutes every day for 5 days a week.
Doctor:Exercise and diet will help you reduce weight in 3-4 months.
Doctor:Are you following?
Doctor:You might have a free diet consultation on your XXXXXXX home page.
Doctor:you can place a request for diet plan
Doctor:and discuss with a dietician for a personalised diet plan.
Doctor:i am sure the diet and cardioexercise
Doctor:will help you loose weight.
Doctor:have you followed?
User:yes i am following what kind of food i want to take every day
Doctor:Your every food should be balanced to contain all essential nutrients in the same time
Doctor:the total calorie consumed should be less than 1600 - 1800 kcal.
Doctor:So you can discuss about the food and dietary aspects with a dietician.
Doctor:You can use get a diet plan option on your home page
Doctor:to place a request for diet consultation.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:yes doctor
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:ya i can go fore gym
Doctor:Gyming will help you tone muscles and become fit.
Doctor:You will need exercise that rises your heart rate
Doctor:to lose weight.
Doctor:We call those exercise that increased heart rate as cardioexercise.
Doctor:Brisk walking, jogging, swimming, cycling and thread mill are such cardioexercise.
Doctor:You can use on of these exercise or combination of those.
Doctor:it is recommended that you perform these cardioexercise for 20-30 minutes every day.
Doctor:or atleast 5 days a week.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:ok and small confusion some people will say if we go for gym for two then quit will become fat is it true
Doctor:As I said, gyming helps to tone muscle.
User:two months gym and quit we will become fat
Doctor:Toned muscle will loose and become lax when you stop gyming.
User:ok fine doctor thank you
Doctor:Keep your diet low in calories and atleast perform the cardioexercise every day.
Doctor:since cardioexercise don't need extra money and can be done at home, park or any other places.
User:what kind of food we should tke at night
Doctor:As I said earlier, you can discuss the whole diet schedule from breakfast to dinner and late night snacks with a dietician.
Doctor:One meal or one day meal will not do any difference
Doctor:but your whole diet has to be modified.
Doctor:Talk to a dietician.
User:ok doctor thank you for you guidelens
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
User:once i get i will getback to you
User:thank you
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor