Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What kind of food can I give for my mother suffering from chicken pox? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hello Doctor
Doctor:please proceed with your query
User:my mother is being infected with chicken pox..I want to know what should be given to her as food?
Doctor:give her bland diet
Doctor:rice porridge
Doctor:plain idlis
User:and is it true that she should not take a bath for a week?
Doctor:she can take bath
Doctor:no harm in it
User:ok..and how long will it take for her to be completely cured?
Doctor:10 to 14 days
User:and one more it normal for an adult to be infected with chicken pox.?
Doctor:it is normal
User:ok..would you like to prescribe any medicines?
Doctor:I usually prescribe my patients tablet dolo 650mg thrice daily for fever
Doctor:Tablet Cetrizine 10mg at night
Doctor:Calamine lotion on the skin lesiosn
Doctor:Tablet Acyclovir 400mg five times a day only if required
User:noted...Thanks a lot for your advice
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:wish your mother quick recovery
Doctor:are you done with the chat for now?
Doctor:it seems like you are done with the chat for now
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor