Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for swelling in spinal area after a C section? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 02-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1524 Questions
User:hello doctor
User:my wife got operated -c section on 19th aug 13. Now my bay running 5th month, he is healthy. a few days ago we saw a swollen part on my wifes back side spinal area where the anestheisa had given during opertion. What all treatement we can follow to reduce that swollen part. Sometime she gets waist pain also.
User:pls advise on this issue
Doctor:please wait
Doctor:let me read your query
Doctor:all right
Doctor:there seems an obvious swollen part int he spine region
Doctor:this needs to be evaluated medically
Doctor:Could you mail me pictures of the same?
User:she is at at my home town now, so i can not share right now
User:but what could be the reason for it
Doctor:it can be disc bulge
User:and how to get it normal
Doctor:first we need to confirm the cause for it
Doctor:if it is disc bulge, surgery can be done
User:is this happening for c section cases?
Doctor:decompression surgery for the bulge
Doctor:it is not related to C section
User:after delivery only we found it
User:on the spot where anesthesia given
Doctor:A rare possibility of it being due to anesthesia
Doctor:it is not impossible
Doctor:it can be a reason
User:or is this related to any work done post surgery
User:upto 3months
User:is there any link to that
Doctor:there id definitely link in this
Doctor:strenuous work post delivery or for that matter, any physical strain on the back can result in disc bulge
User:to my knowledge- she has not involved in any houshold work apart from sometime cooking for 2person
User:but late 2months ,she used stair case to go up and down sometime like 7-8 times
Doctor:this can be a reason
User:so what would be next steps
Doctor:consult a back surgeon
Doctor:to confirm the diagnosis
Doctor:MRI of the spine needs to be done for indepth evaluation
User:who would be the right doctor. is orthopedics or gynocoligist
Doctor:A back surgeon or Orthopedician is fine
Doctor:all right?
Doctor:please ask me any more queries that you may have
User:ok let me check with here and get back to u
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:wish your wife quick recovery
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor