Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for heat boils on my face? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 25-Jan-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:hi doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:i often get heat boils in parts of face. Kindly advice
Doctor:May I know your age?
Doctor:And can you describe how severe and how bad are these boils?
Doctor:Please describe the size of boil,
Doctor:whether or not you have associated redness and pain?
Doctor:whether you see any pus pointing from it?
Doctor:the duration since when you noticed this problem.
Doctor:If you have seen a doctor or tried any treatment for the same.
User:redness with swelling and pain with pus after 4-5 days. 3 times in past 4 months. No i did not consult any doctor
Doctor:Does it subside on itself or does it need to be treated?
Doctor:Are these isolated boils or group of boils that occur?
User:Isolated boils only. Have taken home remedies like placing warm cloth
User:it subsides on itself
Doctor:Do you have any medical illness such as diabetes?
User:no doctor.
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Heat induced boils are usually clumps of boils occuring at areas exposed to sun light.
Doctor:what you have seems to be impetigo to me.
Doctor:or folliculitis to me.
Doctor:These are skin infections arising from bacteria that resides on the skin.
Doctor:or it may be occur due to blocked glands.
Doctor:I treat such patients with antibiotic ointments
Doctor:You may use bactroban ointment
Doctor:on the affected areas for few days.
Doctor:Do not pick those boils.
Doctor:Watch out for fever or increase in size of the boil.
Doctor:If you feel they are increasing in size, causing you more pain
Doctor:you will need to see a doctor for incision and drainage.
Doctor:I also suggest you the following measures to
Doctor:prevent these boils from happening.
Doctor:1. Be careful while you shave.
Doctor:Avoids cuts and bruises.
Doctor:2. Use antiseptic aftershave after shaving.
Doctor:3. Do not wash your face frequently.
Doctor:Use mild face cleansers on face for not more than twice a day.
Doctor:4. If these boils become more frequent, it would be good idea to check your blood sugars.
Doctor:Have you followed my suggestions?
Doctor:DO you have any questions?
User:yes doctor.
Doctor:DO you have any questions?
User:In case of serious boils do i have to consult any dermatologist or normal doctor
Doctor:You can consult a dermatologist.
User:ok doctor. Thanks
Doctor:If you don't find one soon enough, any general physician should be able to help you.
Doctor:Do you have any more questions?
User:ok thank you doctor. No more doubts
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor