Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What is the cure for black spots on face due to sunlight? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-Dec-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I have black spots on my face which are caused due to sunlight
User:i wanted them to remove
User:but how
Doctor:Did you try any method?
User:Once i went she put some acid but it went some mark is remaining
Doctor:Do you mean chemical peeling from a dermatologist?
User:No that was not peeling
User:what you suggest
Doctor:Who did that ____acid therapy?
User:some dermatoligst
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Dark spots on the skin fade away with time.
Doctor:Give it 3-6 months, it is resolve.
Doctor:However during this 3-6 months, we need to avoid sun exposure.
Doctor:Therefore my first choice of treatment for all patients who look for dark spots treatment is
User:no they are there from many years but they are becoming darker
Doctor:combination of sunscreen as well as moisturizer.
Doctor:If you have not been using sunscreen, they are going to persist
User:how we take eyeliner and put bindi on our face they are like that
Doctor:since the effects of sun continue to last on the spot.
User:no i am not using
User:i am alergic to creams
Doctor:I understand your description, but the most effective means to treat dark spots is by using combination of sunscreen and moisturizer. This treats both the current spots and prevents new spot.
User:but i had stooped seeing sunlight from many days that i mean i wont go out from mng8 to evening5
Doctor:If you wish to try this, then I suggest you to use combination of suncross SPF 26 suncreen
Doctor:or any other sunscreen with SPF more than 26
Doctor:along with a good moisturizer.
Doctor:you can test the products on a small area to look for allergies.
User:both one Doctor from health care magic suggested that to go for peelling
Doctor:There are various means to treat dark spots and peeling is one means.
User:MAy i go peeling
Doctor:You can opt for chemical peeling. Most dermatologist use glycolic acid chemical peels or TCA peels.
Doctor:You may need one or more sessions
Doctor:depending on how many dark spots you have.
Doctor:Again, peeling is an one time solution.
Doctor:it has no role in preventing new dark spots from happening.
Doctor:You may need to use sun screen and moisturizer after the current dark spot is treated - as a means to prevent new spots from happening.
User:What ever previous i have got only that many are ther as i am avoiding sunlight
Doctor:Alternate to peeling is skin lightening creams such as mederma.
Doctor:If you don't have fresh spots from happening, then you may try skin lightening creams or chemical peels.
User:Can you suggest me good dermatolist
Doctor:If you do not like chemical peels, you can also try dermabrasion
Doctor:This also is effective in treating dark spots.
Doctor:May I know your location?
User:dermabrasion what is it
Doctor:It is a procedure. You can call it as skin care procedure where the skin is rubbed with a special paper or pumice stone as a means to shed outer layer
Doctor:The procedure also induces fresh skin formation.
User:so what will happen
Doctor:Your dermatologist will know about it.
User:k suggest one good dermatoligist
Doctor:If you are from Bangalore, the options are
User:k tell mne
Doctor:1. Visit a nearest multispeciality hospital - Manipal, appollo, fortis, mallya, St.Johns or any other medical college hospital.
User:A good experienced dermatoligist, where people refer more
Doctor:you will find good and experienced dermatologist there.
User:may i go to bGS global hospitals
Doctor:Yes, global hospital is also good choice.
User:But whom i shoud contct
User:whom i should contact
Doctor:2. Option is to visit specialised skin care clinics. I have heard about Citizen skin care clinic at Sampige Road, Malleswaram.
Doctor:At a multispeciality hospital, you can visit the Head of Department
User:k thank u
User:Bye Have a nice day
Doctor:HOD at dermatologist are supposed to be experienced doctor.
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
Doctor:It seems you have moved out of the chat window.
Doctor:Please login again if you have any medical query.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor