Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What food should I give to my 6 months old child? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
User:I have question regarding my baby
User:my daughter is now six month so should we start the external food for her?
Doctor:yes, upto 4 months, age, exclusive breast milk is advised
Doctor:after 4 months, top feeds can be started
User:which type of food is recommanded?
Doctor:mashed banana, in milk,
Doctor:boiled rice with milk, and sugar
Doctor:(rice should be very soft)
Doctor:Cerelac, etc
Doctor:oatmeal, rice cereal ,
Doctor:apples, peaches, pears, avocado, can be mashed and given
Doctor:but breast milk, should be continued at least until 1 year of age
Doctor:chicken soup, partial boiled eggs, can also be given
User:Is it needed to test allergy first?
User:or her dislikes
Doctor:most of the foods mentioned are not associated with allergy
Doctor:the best thing, to start with would be Cerelac
Doctor:slowly, others can be added
Doctor:but anything that is started , should not contain spices
User:Thank you , I will keep in touch in future for the same.
Doctor:You are most welcome
User:nice to chat with you
Doctor:take care and have a good day
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor