Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What does "ncreased NT of 14mm" mean? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 24-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
User:good evening
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I've a query related to my wife's NT scan after 13 weeks
User:shall I proceed?
User:My wife's NT scan of 13 weeks showed some abnormal results.
Doctor:May I know what abnormality was detected?
User:Increased NT of 14mm was found
User:doctors were also mentioning about hydrops fetalis
User:another observations: umbilical vein was seen passing inferiorly before joining the IVC, Normal ducts not seen
User:high suspicion of renal agenesis. Bladder not seen
User:No proper kidney or renal vessels seen
User:any thoughts on these observations?
Doctor:These symptoms look concerning.
Doctor:As a physician, I wouldn't be able to comment much on this.
Doctor:I suggest you to discuss these options with our specialist.
Doctor:You can use Ask A specialist option and leave your question to both gynecologist and pediatrician.
Doctor:With a combined opinion, you should be able to arrive at a better conclusion.
User:ok...will do that. Thanks Doctor.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor