Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What does a puss filled bump on knee indicate? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 24-Sep-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:have got a bump o my right leg on knee & filled with puss, giving more pain & surrounfing area become red
User:intial have puntured it & again it developed
Doctor:Since when are you having this symptoms?
User:cant able place my knee on floor that much of pain ia there
User:i thk a week r so
Doctor:Do you have fever?
Doctor:Any history of injury?
User:i taken tab combifalm fro pain
Doctor:Ok it may be persistent of infection
User:& i have apllied some antfungla cram
Doctor:It may be bacterial infection
User:anything to do
User:i gues
Doctor:I suggest you clean area with plain water and apply betadine ointment and you cover with sterile gauze
Doctor:Once it dry then apply
Doctor:You do it twice a day
Doctor:I suggest you CHYMORAL FORT tablet
Doctor:twice a day after food
Doctor:along with combifalme
User:nothing to worry
Doctor:When did you take TT injection
Doctor:last time?
User:not remember
Doctor:Ok you better take Injection TT as well
User:i need to take that
User:how frequently we need to repeat this injection
Doctor:Once in 5 years
Doctor:If you will not see any improvemant in 2 days then I suggest you visit a doctor
User:surronding area has become red any reasons
Doctor:for clinical examiantion
Doctor:It is XXXXXXX to inflammation
Doctor:Due ti inflammation
User:sometimes i will get itching
Doctor:ok then I suggest you Cetrizine 5 mg for itching
Doctor:If you will not see any improvement then you need to start antibiotics
User:which antibiotic u prefer
Doctor:Keep elevate your leg when you lie down
Doctor:For my patients I will prefer Taxim 200 mg
User:k, i can take this, if is not cured within 2 days
Doctor:But you need to take antibiotics after clinical examination by your doctor
Doctor:Better you take after visiting a doctor to know exact diagnosis, if pus still there sometimes it requires incision and drainage
Doctor:You can use cold compression for redness and swelling
User:means ice cubes
User:thanks bye
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:no, thnaks
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor