Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What causes tight forskin? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help?
Doctor:What brings you on chat today?
User:since last 2 weeks, I've closed foreskin issue in the penis, not able to stretch it's kind of redish and pains more when stretch...
Doctor:It is a condition called as phimosis
User:2 weeks back, I noticed that it was painful after the intercourse and saw that it got tinny cut in the penal head - forskin - after then on wards, it irritates more when on urine passing too
User:i too googled and found it is phimosis, what's the actual cause for this ?
Doctor:Did you not have this tight forskin before 2 weeks?
User:no it was quite normal, this is the first time im facing... not sure on comeout from this
User:so what's the cause for this ?
Doctor:It seems to have developed because the cut is healing
Doctor:The usual cause of cut is fungal infection of the foreskin
User:is it something like got spreaded from wife to me ? or
Doctor:The treatment is to try antifungal cream like clotrimazole or miconazole cream on the affected area
User:is this quite available in pharma ? without prescription ?
Doctor:It should get better once the cut is properly healed
Doctor:Yes it is available without prescription at most phamacies
User:ok, so now the state is cut is healing, and the skin became very dry so, ?
User:how long the healing will take after apply cream >
Doctor:The dryness is also due to the fungal infection
Doctor:It should start right away
User:ok, how many days should i apply
Doctor:It can applied on SOS basis
User:SOS >
Doctor:Miconazole is a longer acting antifungal cream
Doctor:sos means when required
Doctor:Also drink cleaner water
Doctor:It will also help with dryness
User:i also worries, since 2 weeks on this problem, I could see some very very tinny semi solid white particle -- im sure is not semen, what's that is it salt or something ?
Doctor:Do you have any question?
Doctor:It may just be dead skin or fungal spores or filaments
User:ok, let me apply the cream
User:i hope its not that serioius to look out urology dr or some one `
Doctor:It does not seem to be at present
Doctor:But if the constriction is not releieved
Doctor:then you may consult a urologist or surgeon
User:ok and tell me finallly to avoid this what to take care on ? or what's the basic cause for this, so that keep that in mind
Doctor:Mostly keep the area hydrated with a good cold cream or oil like olive oil
Doctor:It may have happened either due to weak immunity or from sexual exposure to an infected female
User:thank you dr,
Doctor:In case of sexual exposure please use barrier contraceptive like condom
Doctor:Hope it helps
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
User:thank you dr,
User:thats all
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
Doctor:Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor