Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What causes strange sensation on thumb? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Jun-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:Hello doctor
User:i have some problem in my foot thumb
Doctor:Please explain.
User:at the tip portion of my foot thumb there is very strange sensation
User:like it has gone "sun"
User:it is like that from past 1 month
User:actually 1 month back i went to a marriage function
User:there i wore leather sandals
User:they were a bit uncomfortable
User:but i had to wear them for long duration
User:after that only my foot thumbs feel numb
User:when i stand or walk it feels strange
Doctor:What other symptoms do you have?
User:nothing else just those thumbs irritate me when i stand or walk
Doctor:Is there any colour difference there?
Doctor:Do you feel pain?
User:no change in colour or pain
User:just it feels numb
Doctor:Do you have history of past medical illness especially diabetes or thyroid problems?
Doctor:Have you seen a doctor?
User:not yet
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Pressure effects can cause numbness. However it is unlikely that it would stay for a month.
Doctor:So if there are no other changes on the affected place, I would not relate this numbness to your foot wear.
Doctor:Other possibilites are related to neurovascular system.
Doctor:vitamin and nutrition deficiency is another possibility.
Doctor:Without examining the area for clinical signs and investigations, it is difficult to isolate the cause and to discuss about the treatment.
Doctor:Therefore my humble request is to see a doctor
Doctor:who can examine the area and order for tests if needed.
Doctor:You can come back to us after the doctor visit
Doctor:we can discuss about the treatment options then.
Doctor:Did you follow what I said?
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:which specialist doctor should i visit ?
User:nuro, physio ?
Doctor:A physician would be the ideal option now.
Doctor:If there are no evident clinical sign
Doctor:he can refer you to a neurologist for neurological perspective.
Doctor:Hope it is clear.
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor