Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What causes red sores on penis shaft? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Apr-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hello have you red Stingy sore on the base of my penis shaft. Both of which I popped and clear fluid came out but it refilled .This is the second one in a month I had the first swabbed at the gum clinic no call back so not herpes the nurse said sebaceous cysts.
I have a fairly new partner and she has nothing like this .....

Would the nurse be correct in her diagnosis? I did have a boil which I popped on my neck may I have spread the bacteria ?
Let me read your query for few minutes to be able to have a good discussion here.
Doctor:Will you be able to send a picture of this lesion to me?
Doctor:If yes you can upload the picture using this site's uploader.
User:Where is that
Doctor:It should be there on this chat page.
Doctor:Are you be able to find it?
User:Upload new report
Doctor:That's the one.
Doctor:You can upload pictures too.
User:Sent bit embarrassing send pictures like that
User:Do u have it?
Doctor:I was able to view the lesion. As this is confidential you need not be worrie.
User:What is it
Doctor:I am not convinced that this lesion is a herpes lesion.
User:My kids have that viral thing that being with m that I can't spell 😃
Doctor:And as it appears very small and inflammed, it appears to be an inflammed cyst/gland - either sebaceous cyst or folliculitis.
User:Could it be that
Doctor:As there are no punctum visible here, it doesn't seem to be molluscum to me.
User:Could rough sex cause this ?
Doctor:I would suggest you to use a topical antiseptic cream on this lesion.
User:I've been using tea tree and which XXXXXXX cream
User:Right question number 2
Doctor:I am not very well aware of potentials of herbal supplements, but if I were to be your treating doctor, I would use topical antiseptics. Neosporin which is available over the counter will do.
Doctor:Friction and rough sex can be an associated cause;
Doctor:however since it is recurring, it needs to be addressed.
Doctor:Try neosporin and keep the area clean and dry.
Doctor:If it starts to spread and ooze, see your doctor who can repeat the swab test.
User:But nothing to worry about especially as herpes swab came back negative
User:I'm at work in Saudi. Do u know what this would be called there the treatment I mean ....
User:For a long time I have been experiencing like something falling off my head onto my face.. I sometimes have little hard minuscule grains ... Not any more itchy than normal some times feel like I'm walking into a spiders Webb .. I was checked over for scabies and nits several times as I feared the worse.. No one around me has any symptoms like this also... I have had my gall bladder removed.. And have had pitasirus.... I do also have very very dry skin
Doctor:There is too much redness around this spot which is something not very usually seen with herpes lesion (unless it has secondary infection).
Doctor:Since the swab test was already conducted, I wouldn't be worried about herpes now.
User:Ok please see my second question
User:The leasion had just been popped befor taking pic
User:Also I am extremely hairy
Doctor:Oh; do not pop again.
Doctor:Its is likely that your hair follicle is involved leading to folliculitis.
Doctor:Use the antiseptic and see how it responds.
User:Ok did you see my 2nd question
Doctor:And about your second question, which areas of the body / face do you have those sensations?
User:Scalp neck beard
User:Feels like something falling from head onto face
User:And like I walked into a spiders web on my face
Doctor:Do you see white flaky lesions?
User:No nit really
Doctor:Do you have dandruff issues?
User:My go can't see anything at all .... I do have very dry skin all over
User:Gp I mean
Doctor:Based on your description, the only close related possibility that I can think of is seborrhea.
User:Is that not a mite
Doctor:No, it isn't a mite infection.
Doctor:It is caused by same factors that causes dandruff issues of scalp.
Doctor:Here small to large dandruff flakes cause itching and sometimes redness
User:No redness tho
Doctor:Scalp, nape of the neck, beard, mustache, eyebrows and chin are the commonly affected areas.
Doctor:Redness is seen if there is associated dermatitis.
User:Ok what should I treat with
Doctor:Since you have no redness you need not be concerned.
User:I already use anti dandruff shampoo.... It is irrataiting tho
Doctor:Before you step into the treatment, the next time you notice this problem
Doctor:visit a dermatologist to make sure it is indeed what I said.
User:It's constant
User:I live in uk could take moths for an appointment
Doctor:If a dermatologist appointment is not feasible, discuss about seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis with your GP.
Doctor:If they feel it, then antifungal cream such as ketoconazole can help you.
Doctor:I hope I answered all your questions.
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor