Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What causes rashes all over the body when on medication for fever treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 08-Jan-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1542 Questions
Doctor:Dr. XXXXXXX here
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hello, doctor
Doctor:Yes, please proceed with your question.
User:My son had fever for the last two days which was most probably viral fever, as he did not have any other symptoms, like cold or sore throat etc
User:We gave him symptomatic treatment for the fever by giving him combiflam and he was ok but then, yesterday, he developed rashes all over his body.
User:He had a similar episode a few months ago also, but that time the rashes were mild and they went away by giving him Allegra 180 mg twicw a day for ten days.
User:He has a history of sensitive skin and rashes happen when he gets hot, or in sun etc
User:So yesterday, I have given him Allegra again same dose and the rashes have come down. but I wish him to have a complete check up by a pecialist so that he can be diagnosed correctly..
Doctor:Yes, that is the right decision here/
Doctor:The rashes that you mentioned may be related to allergies, drug induced or viral exanthema.
User:Can u suggest somehone I can see in XXXXXXX west area? His fever is OK now but he has this problem of rashes happening whenever his body is getting hot...
Doctor:Without a clinical check up it is difficult to figure out what is the exact cause of rashes, therefore consult a doctor.
User:Can u suggest a specialist here? Whom do I consult?
Doctor:I practice far away from Mumbai, I do not have any personal reference; but I shall help you by searching the web.
Doctor:May I know your son's age?
User:15years old.
Doctor:Pediatrician are the right specialist for children under 14 years of age.
Doctor:Since your son is 15 years old
Doctor:I suggest you to consult a dermatologist who can evaluate the rashes in the context of fever.
Doctor:At Thanewest, there is one Dr. XXXXXXX A pavaskar who practices at Dr. Pavaskars Skin clinic
User:Ok..are there any dermatologists in your panel of doctors, that I can visit? Or do I go to just any one I fine hospital?
Doctor: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Building, Ganeshwadi, Panchpakhadi, XXXXXXX West
User:Ahh..ok, Thanks
Doctor:Alternatively you can consult Jupitor Hospital.
Doctor:And find a dermatologist.
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
User:No, Thank you!
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor