Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What causes low sex drive? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jul-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexual Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:I am XXXX
Doctor:Hi XXX
User:My wife nowadays do not show interest in sex
User:not sure of the reason
User:2006 sex we got mariied
User:have 2 kids
User:from 2006 to 2010, she will show her intention to have sex atleast monthy once
User:but we play , confess her she gives good company
User:good partner once I induce her
User:but my question is why is that coming from her
User:all the time say 10 time i call her she comes 1 or 2 times
User:not sure
User:weekly once or twice, I try inducing her
User:not all days
Doctor:There must be a reason for this
User:that is from my side
Doctor:Firstly I would like to rule out medical conditions
Doctor:For example some discharge or infection in genital area or urinary tract
User:She is fine
Doctor:Second reason could be vaginismus - ie painful penetration
User:Thing is, I am talking about oral sex without peneteration
User:with my wife
User:she is good companion when i induce her
Doctor:How about vaginal that normal?
User:but inducing makes me a hell
User:ya fine
Doctor:So you have issues with oral sexual intercourse
User:I can say all sexual intercourse
User:she is good companion when i induce her
User:but inducing her ruins my life
User:that is where, I need some solution..
Doctor:I understand what you are saying
Doctor:Both of you have to find a middle course
Doctor:You have to decrease the foreplay and your partner has to show more interest in you
Doctor:The best time is usually when the female partner shows interest
Doctor:Secondly oral sexual intercourse may not be liked by all women
User:so what i do to attract her sex intersest?
Doctor:If she is medically healthy and still shows less interest then it is mostly psychological
User:how to overcome psychological ?
User:she will not accept any treatment for this
User:I am sure
Doctor:There are many reasons for psychological disinterest
User:sell all have problems , sex for twice a month is no harm right?
User:all have problems in their life..
User:Not disturbing her during periods and all other days..
User:twice or thrice should be fine
Doctor:I know
Doctor:all have problems in their life
User:now all i need to hear is your solution
Doctor:I would really you both to do some relaxation together like yoga, dance, etc
Doctor:You can also go for other activities together
User:that is a good suggestion
User:other suggestion pls?
Doctor:Rather than focusing on sex, focus on bringing back the love for sometime
Doctor:Sex will follow
Doctor:Other suggestion is to relax with her as foreplay
Doctor:Do not make it erotic as you may lose erection consequently
Doctor:Thirdly try to know her reasons and find a solution
Doctor:It is possible that she may be hiding some childhood memories or daily stress
Doctor:which may come in her way
User:fine will read her more indepth
User:meet you soon
Doctor:Kids should be in another room
User:oh yes
User:good suggestion
User:any medicine to be taken
User:to induce?
User:I mean atleast a month
Doctor:No medicine to induce
User:after all I am a human being
Doctor:It is mostly about harmony among you two
User:thanks a lot
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
Doctor:Take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor