Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What causes heel pain|? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hello, I have query...having a HEEL pain since 5 months..
User:I have shown to a local Dr, They mentioned it might be a planter fascia.. and suggested me few medicines like a pin killer and neurokind tablets
User:Even after It didn't came down
User:I got my X-ray done for the issues found
User:I wanted to understand what could be the reasons and Can I have any should I proceed?
Doctor:May I know your age and gender?
User:I am XXXX Male 37 Yrs old
Doctor:May I know your current weight and height?
User:Am 72 Kg, 5.8 Ft
Doctor:Does the pain last throughout the day?
User:When I walk it pains me alot
User:I have a habit of morning walk and mild excersises.
Doctor:Is it located only to the heel or does it spread / radiate to other areas?
User:Dr suggested to stop the same
User:It's very much located in heel
Doctor:Do you notice any visible changes on the heel
Doctor:such as swelling, redness, collection, mass along with the pain?
User:No visible changes, If I walk more with swells a little and pain spread's to major portion of let
Doctor:Let me brief you.
User:major portion of leg
Doctor:From the history you provided it seems to be a mechanical pain much similar to plantar fascitis.
Doctor:The cause is generally unknown.
Doctor:It is believed due to excessive weight and your habit of constant walking around and standing.
Doctor:Thought this is not a serious problem, unfortunately results of treatment varies individually.
Doctor:Pain medicines and rest suggested by your doctor is the best treatment.
Doctor:If the pain is severe, you can also try physiotherapy techniques along with medicines.
Doctor:Simplest physiotherapy is application of ice and heat.
Doctor:In addition you can also try other physio methods to reduce pain such as ultrasound.
Doctor:Rarely you may need surgical treatment.
User:Ok. Thank you very much for the information, I will follow the suggestions given.
Doctor:I understand you have tried some pain medicines and it has not helped you much.
Doctor:In this case, i suggest you to report back to the orthopedician
Doctor:He can change the medicine and write for physiotherpay.
User:Thank you, Can I continue my physical exercises like walking or cycling?
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
User:Nope except the one above
Doctor:You should find better pain relief with medicine change and physiotherapy.
Doctor:So do not be worried.
Doctor:You can write back to us if you don't get good result with alternative mediciens.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:Thank you very much for the help
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor