What causes hair loss? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
Actually I am experiencing hair loss for the past few months. I moved to XXXXXXX a year ago.
I am not sure if we get river water or borewell, but mostly it is borewell.
What other symptoms do you have?
very dry hair and scalp
Do you mean there are lot of flakes on the scalp?
not a lot.
but overall it feels dry.
May I know how many hair strands you loose in a day approximately?
Are you there?
Maybe 5 or more.
That is a lot if you are a male.
Let me brief you.
There are two issues here.
1. The dryness of scalp and hair
Let me address the second issue first.
Scientifically hair also has its own cycle. Old hairs fall away and new ones gets formed.
Clinically, any hair fall that is less than 50-100 a day is absolutely normal.
Those hairs are always replaced.
But the overall volume of hair has reduced. It is much less than what I used to have earlier.
We become concerned when hairs are shed above this number.
OK maybe I did not pay much heed to the numbers. But the hairfall is definitely more than expected.
In this context, before you step on to hair fall medicines, I would suggest the following measures.
1. Avoid plenty of cosmetics. I suggest my patients to use good shampoo along with conditioners.
I will note this down.
You can use any other conditioners such as those from nutregena.
2. Prefer to oil your hair couple of hours before bathing. I would advice against oiling overnight.
3. Avoid very hot water bath.
XXXXXXX warm water or even cold water bath is perfereable.
4. Make sure you take a blend of fruits and vegetables.
You should particularly include vegetables that are grown under the soil such as beetroot, carrot, radish, turnip and so on.
5. Avoid skipping meals. If you are non vegetarian diet take eggs and meat for extra proteins.
7. If necessary, you can add vitamin and antioxidant pills such as biotin forte once a day for few weeks.
Try these measures and see if it makes difference.
Have you followed?
Do you have any more queries?
Are you there?
Are you there?\
I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors for medical queries or use 'ASK A DOCTOR' option
Related questions you may be interested in