Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What causes fluid in pod? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Mar-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hello doctor
Doctor:How can I help?
User:i was facing some pain in my abdomen
User:so doctor asked me to take a usg scan
User:in the reports its shwing as mild hepatomegaly with fatty change in liver
User:minimal free fluid noted in pod-pid changes
User:right ovarian complex cyst(32*30mm)
User:due to this am having severe backpain
User:and not able to do day yo day activities
User:doctor is saying here that there is no cure for this
User:please suggest
Doctor:Regarding hepatosplenomegaly
Doctor:it is usually from an infection in digestive system
Doctor:or the infection is in blood
User:and about the cyst
Doctor:Regarding fluid in can be due to inflammation in genital tract and suggested by the ultrasound
Doctor:regarding cyst you can consult a gynecologist
User:but is it curable
Doctor:complex cysts are usually harmless
Doctor:but you are corelating back pain with cyst
Doctor:So you may consult a gynecologist
Doctor:she may suggest a followup or she may suggest its removal is the cyst not related to backpain
Doctor:It can be if it is big
User:and is it curable without surgery
Doctor:I dont think so
Doctor:But it can be ignored if it is asymptomatic
User:so do they have to take out the ovaries or just the cyst
Doctor:Only cystectomy is also an option any suggestion for the first 2 points
Doctor:But I donot know your married status and whether you have kids
Doctor:Regarding infections
Doctor:You can go for pap-smear and vaginal smear etc to look for genital infections
User:yes..i am married and have 2 kids..1 is 7yrs old girl and 2 and half yr boy
Doctor:So even if cystectomy is performed, it will not affect your personal life
Doctor:Regarding hepatosplenomegaly as well you need to get tested for causes
Doctor:Thus I would suggest that you visit an internal medicine specilist to find causes for it
Doctor:also visit a gynecolgist for cyst and pid
User:ok..but the local doc says it cannit be cured..but it is very much curable isn't it
Doctor:Yes it can be
Doctor:but we need to know what it is
Doctor:sometimes infections remain unaffected by medicines
User:ok for all this can i consult the gynac only
Doctor:but atleast we can find the cause
Doctor:For hepatosplenomegaly you will need an internal medicine specialist
Doctor:for others you ca go to gynecologist
User:internal medicine in the it a general physician
Doctor:If you to a multispecialty hospital or even a civil hospital you will find medicine department
Doctor:That is where you will find internal medicine specialists
User:thank you doctor
User:for your suggestions
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
Doctor:Take care
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor