Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What causes excessive vaginal discharge? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 22-Oct-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:I have White discharge problem from a very long time
Doctor:sorry about that
User:Not sure about the reasons and it's been more than 10 years i have this problem
Doctor:it could be vaginitis
Doctor:That seems like a chronic vaginitis either fungal or bacterial
Doctor:You must go for a speculum examination, and see if there is any active infection in there
Doctor:it can be a combination of Chlamydia, fungal, and bacterial Vaginosis
Doctor:are you there?
User:Not sure what it is. Can you explain. I never spoke to anyone about it except once to a doctor but no luck. I want to know more about it like why this happens and what do I need to do
Doctor:is your age 29?
Doctor:are you sexually active?
User:I'm married for 4 months now
Doctor:in simple terms, this is infection in the inside of vaginal area
Doctor:Now, this infection can be due to fungal or bacterial or protozoal causes
Doctor:There are various micro-organisms that can cause this infection
Doctor:Are you following me?
User:What is protozoal?
User:yeah kind of
Doctor:that is also one microbe
User:It can be treated by medicine?
Doctor:This infection happens because of unhygienic conditions
Doctor:lack of personal hygiene
User:uh huh
Doctor:not washing innerwears thoroughly
Doctor:not drying them enough in the sun
Doctor:using the innerwears for long time
Doctor:having sexual intercourse with a person who is infected
Doctor:Yes, it can be treated by medicines
User:Hygiene is what I prefer everytime but
User:and about intercourse it just started. And I have this problem since I was a child
Doctor:perhaps, you were not educated about personal hygiene well before
Doctor:I am sorry about that
Doctor:You should also not do vaginal douches often
Doctor:As suggested, you will need a speculum examination for the same
Doctor:Once infection is confirmed, we can go ahead with the treatment
Doctor:I usually prescribe my patients Tablet Fas 3 Kit
Doctor:it takes care of most infections
User:You want me to start it now or after examination?
Doctor:I am not prescribing you but you must consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Doctor:The prescription medicines are given after the cause is exactly made out. Since I haven't physically examined you, it is inappropriate and unethical to prescribe you scheduled drugs. Hence see the doctor for the medicine that you require.
User:I don't have any doctor in specific yet.
Doctor:please get one at the earliest
User:I spoke to you. You still want me to visit a doc about it?
Doctor:of course, you should visit a doctor before taking any medicine
User:I'm lil hesitate to talk to anyone.
User:As you insist, Let me try visiting a Doc.
Doctor:If you do not contact a doctor, your problem may not be resolved at all
Doctor:Please help yourself
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
Doctor:Please dont hesitate to ask me
Doctor:I would be more than glad to help you
User:I was scared what if it leads to a cancer. This thought made me talk to you
Doctor:Your thought is right
Doctor:Chronic infection can lead to cervical cancer
Doctor:you must be aware of it
Doctor:Good, you made the courage to talk to me
User:Thank You So Much. I spoke about it once to a doc before but I've another problem which I never spoke to any Doctor yet before you.
User:I have haemorrhoids
Doctor:Hemorrhoids is a common problem
User:And I heard One my relative had this problem and some how his body got infected
Doctor:It is not a serious condition
Doctor:It can be cured medically or surgically
User:But I've been suffering for 6 years now
User:I don't wanna go for a surgery.
Doctor:If you do not undergo the surgery, it will remain like that
User:Can't it be treated by medicine?
Doctor:medicines offer only temporary relief, not permanent cure
User:How long will be the surgery?
Doctor:less than 2 hours
User:And how many days One should be in the hospital?
User:after or before Surgery
Doctor:it's a day care procedure
Doctor:you can return home the same day
User:What do they do? They just cut the extra flesh ?
Doctor:they cauterise or burn the bleeding vessels
Doctor:they cut the extra flesh
Doctor:they suture
User:any precautions that we need to take after that?
User:and not even a day we need to be at home taking rest?
Doctor:not required
Doctor:You should have soft stools for a week until complete healing
Doctor:For this, stool softeners will be prescribed by your doctor
Doctor:anything else that you would like to discuss now?
User:Do you know the average expense for the surgery?
User:And Speculum Examination?
Doctor:in private hospital, it is around 5 to 8 thousand
Doctor:in government hospital, it is free
Doctor:Speculum examination would cost you 500 INR
User:How do they test? Is it like Blood test?
Doctor:Are you asking about the speculum?
Doctor:no, it is a test where a speculum or an instrument will be put inside your vagina, and the area will be checked visually for any infection
User:That's all for now I guess.
User:Thank You So Much
Doctor:my pleasure
Doctor:Nice chatting with you
Doctor:Go to the doctor at the earliest and take care
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor