Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

What causes diarrhea along with body ache? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 23-Oct-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hello Doctor
Doctor:Please proceed with your query.
User:My partner is suffering from loose motions and body ache
User:from day before doctor
User:is this food poisoning doctor?
Doctor:Any history of consumption of food outside in the recent past?
User:Yes doctor day before night itself
Doctor:Whats the frequency of passing motions?
User:Also my partner is already suffering from PAH
User:close to 3 times doctor every 3 hours
Doctor:May I know the consistency of the stools?
User:Its only in the form of water doctor
Doctor:Any other symptoms like fever, vomiting?
User:Feverish feeling doctor
Doctor:Thanks for the details.
Doctor:From the details I feel that your partner might be suffering with food poisoning or viral enteritis.
Doctor:As she has fever with bodyache along with loose stools.
Doctor:Follow these measures:
Doctor:1. Ask her to consume plenty of fluids.
User:yes doctor
Doctor:this is to prevent dehydration
User:yes doctor
Doctor:2. ORS or Electral powder four to five times a day or as per required half XXXXXXX in a glass of water.
Doctor:3. Complete bed rest atleast for 3 days.
Doctor:considering it to be viral enteritis.
Doctor:4. Ask her to have easily digestible food items like idly, rice.
Doctor:Avoid spicy and oily foods.
User:Okay doctor
User:Any medication needed doctor?
Doctor:5. Antimotility drugs like loperamide and antibiotics like Norfloxacin would be requried.
Doctor:As these are prescription only drugs, you need to see a local doctor for examination and prescription.
Doctor:If viral enteritis, it would resolve on its own within a week.
User:Currently she is very weak doctor
Doctor:Weakness could be due to dehydration.
User:so we need to do anything for now doctor? also for body pain anything is needed doctor?
Doctor:As she is feeling very weak, I would suggest you to visit a doctor for examination and treatment.
Doctor:In case of severe dehydration she might need hospitilisation.
Doctor:For body ache she can take paracetamol tablets.
Doctor:along with bed rest.
Doctor:It will gradually improve.
User:Okay doctor
Doctor:Is there anything else you would like to know?
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor