Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What causes chest pain at night? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 17-Nov-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
Doctor:How can I help you ?
User:I am XXXXXXX and i need a help from you .
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:My father aged about 52 years , from past 1 week , he getting chest pain and body pains at the night times
User:he has sugar from past 3 to 4 years , but its in control
Doctor:Which part of the chest does he have pain ?
Doctor:is the pain sharp or dull ?
User:sometimes left and sometimes right
User:i dint get your question doctor
Doctor:Is the pain in small area of the chest
Doctor:or it is diffuse and spread all through the chest ?
User:all over upper part
Doctor:Ok, Does he feel breathless or sweat profusely during the episode of pain
User:yes yes exactly
User:sometimes when he is having food also sometimes he feels breathless
User:his body weight is of 85-90 kgs
Doctor:I believe there is a need for him t get heart related investigations done
Doctor:has he got an ECG in recent days ?
User:some 6 to 8 months back also ,same kind of problem he was facing .
Doctor:I would suggest you to get a set of tests to rule out cardiac problem
Doctor:repeat ECG
Doctor:2D echo
User:We took all the tests prescribed by doctor , and doctor opinion was there was no problem
Doctor:TMT (treadmill test)
User:yea ECG , TMT was done
Doctor:was TMT normal ?
User:yes it was normal
User:can you please hang on for a min , i will immediately get the report ..
User:it would be helpfull for your investigation
Doctor:Ok, If TMT is normal then I consider his heart to be alright
User:sorry , i could'nt get the reports .. yes TMT was normal
User:it was done 6 to 8 months back
User:so what could be the reason ?
Doctor:Ok, anyway Its always good to get those tests atleast 6 months once in aged people
Doctor:the other reason for chest pain could be gastritis
Doctor:Let him take antacid medications for a period of 15 days and observe
User:but is it because of gastritis?
Doctor:yes, it could be
User:ok ok
Doctor:is there anything else you want to know about ?
User:If not , Could you please direct me an hospital which will look for this kind of problem . I stay in XXXXXXX near banashankri
Doctor:Any gastroentrologist is fine
User:ok fine
User:one more , severe leg pains at the night times
User:what is the solution for this problem
Doctor:That could be due to age related arthritis
User:Is there any way to overcome this problem
Doctor:he can take pain killers. If too severe he can opt for physiotherapy
User:any massage oil would you recommand?
Doctor:No do not massage,, massage makes the joint worsen
Doctor:just apply pain killer gels like VOLINI
User:ok ok .
User:as u suggested to take tablet gastritis
User:this should be before food or after food
Doctor:before food
User:how many times in a day?
Doctor:three times a day if syrup. If tablets once a day only
User:ok fine doctor . Thanks a lot for responding all the queries
User:hope my dad problem will solve with those tabs
Doctor:I wish him good health
User:Thank you :)
Doctor:You are welcome
Doctor:Bye for now
User:i will end the chat now .. once again thank you very much
Doctor:Take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor