Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What causes abnormal hair growth on chest? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 22-Sep-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
Please proceed with your query
User:I am XXXXXXX age 24 working in amdocs
User:I have a issue regarding Abnormal Hair Growth On chest area
User:I visited a Gynaecologist for the same...and gone thr a sonography
User:Everything was normal in the reports
User:and also I have no period problems
User:At times it is only fr 2-3 days
User:but it is regular
User:She has suggested me to visit a endocrinologist
User:Please suggest me what should i do
User:Is it serious or nrml to have such growth
Doctor:I would answer this question this way.
Doctor:Hair growth on the body is influenced by hormones.
Doctor:such as testosterone, estrogen and thyroid hormones.
Doctor:It will be extremely hard to predict if you have any of those hormone disturbance or endocrine problems
Doctor:based on only this symptom(hair growth on the chest).
Doctor:Given that you have no other health problems and menstrual problems
Doctor:it's extremely hard to predict whether or not you have normally functioning endocrine system.
User:I have started gaining weight also...but it may be due to IT health style..
Doctor:I would suggest you to go ahead with endocrine work up.
User:or thyroid issue..
Doctor:Once we have all test results we can be able to comment on the problem better.
User:Can you suggest me some good endocrinologist
User:I am not able to find 1 on net
Doctor:If your current gynecologist has given you a reference, I would recommend you follow the same.
Doctor:If you do not have any reference, may I know your current location?
User:I visited endocrinologist in MP, My hometown
User:she did not have idea of XXXXXXX
Doctor:personally I am unaware of doctors in XXXXXXX as my practice is in South XXXXXXX In this context I have two suggestions.
User:ok...Please suggest
Doctor:1. Visit a good multidisciplinary hospital or a medical college associated hospital. You will find experienced specialist (endocrinologist) out there.
User:I will do the same
User:Thanks a lot
Doctor:2. Consult a DM endocrinologist (by search) such as Dr. Varhsa Jagtap
Doctor:whop practices at XXXXXXX Road, XXXXXXX
Doctor:I was able to find this doctor on web search.
User:ok fine
Doctor:Do you have any more queries?
User:but this is quite far from my place
User:I willl try visiting a multi specialuity hospital
User:No Just this much
Doctor:You can come back to us if you find difficulties with the nearest multispecialty hospital.
Doctor:Thanks for visiting me here. Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor