Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Weird red lump in my vagina - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hi my partner noticed a weird red lump in my vagina after we had sex all night. I have a photo
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :  
User :   hi
Doctor :   Can you mail me the photo , to YYYY@YYYY
User :   sure
Doctor :   i will wait
User :   sent
Doctor :   please wait a minute while i have a look at it
User :   sure. apparently she noticed it 2 weeks ago but didnt say anything. I am a little worried, I dont have a gyno in my town and I am a little embarrassed about going to the ones in my town
Doctor :   May i know your age , gender and occupation ?
User :   22 female Train Examiner
Doctor :   ok, do you have any pain in the vagina ?
User :   no none at all
Doctor :   is there any abnormal discharge from the vagina ?
User :   no
Doctor :   Did you have appetite loss or lost weight recently?
User :   everything is normal appart from that lump thing. No no weight loss or appetite loss
Doctor :   ok, i had a look at the lump
Doctor :   it do not give me any suspection of cancers
User :   you can see it yeah...
Doctor :   it could be a polyp or a inflammatory swelling due to folliculitis ( vaginal gland inflammation )
User :   well thats good its not cancer have you seen anything like it before
Doctor :   yes,
Doctor :   most of times i had it diagnosed as gland inflammation
User :   whats a polyp and what do I do now??
Doctor :   i am in more favor of the gland inflammation
User :   okay so what do i need to do?
Doctor :   a polyp is a swelling of the mucosa , like a bulb commonly acquired due to frequent friction
Doctor :   wait for few days ,. say 15 days, avoid intercourse and observe the swelling , if its ins reducing in size then need not worry , if progressing then you may have to visit gynecologist
User :   okay thanks
Doctor :   You are welcome .
User :   just one more question, I dont get hair where it is how would it be due to folliculitious
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me ,m kindly provide your feedback
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor