Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Ways to train child to pee standing up - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   How do I teach my 5 year old son to pee standing up and to pee at a urinal. I am his father, and I would like him to go standing up.                                                                                                                   
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   you can train him by asisting him and guiding as to what he shol ddo to stand and pee
Doctor :   children learn with time
Doctor :   and as they grwo up
Doctor :   *grow up
Doctor :   you need to be patient while he learns
User :   He does not want o try. How do I make him try
User :   I want him to pee standing like all boys do
Doctor :   you cannot force him as well, if you feel that he is slow
Doctor :   you can take help from his doctor
Doctor :   and get a child counselling done
Doctor :   they will take care of the problem
Doctor :   also a behavioral therapist would help him to change his habits.
Doctor :   have you followed what I said?
User :   Yes, but should I also have him watch my example
Doctor :   yes you can
Doctor :   it should help him to learn
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor