Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Wax like discharge from ears, brownish, without pus. Will cleaning it suffice? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:please proceed with the query
User:Hi i get wax or something similar from my ears almost daily
Doctor:is it excess or normal
User:it's normal
Doctor:any pain in ears
Doctor:what is colour,any discharge seen like pus
User:color is light brown, no pus
Doctor:just clean it regularly preferably once a week with ear buds , that is sufficient.when taking bath see that no water enters the ear
User:it is available even outside the ear, i am able to easily take it out from my hand
User:it is dried and powder like thing
Doctor:Then i think you can go to an ent specialist and get it cleaned once .After that the problem will decrease.Sometimes there will collections in external ear too.use dettol in cotton swab and wipe over the area
Doctor:do you have dandruff
Doctor:just clean the outer area with dettol mixed in a cup of water with cotton swab
Doctor:is your externaal area dry
Doctor:after cleaning apply light moisturiser like dove over the area
Doctor:this wil prevent skin from flaking
User:i got it cleaned(internal) with the help of my wife just couple of weeks back
Doctor:once you should get it cleaned by expert ent specoalist
Doctor:they will use a instrument
Doctor:with which they will clean it
Doctor:also for long periods there might be very hard wax too
User:Do you know any hospital where they do it?
Doctor:which you cannot do manually, yes any ent clinic will do,
Doctor:ok send me your phone number
Doctor:we will send you the address
User:Are you ENT specialist?
Doctor:ok we will send you as soon as possible.
Doctor:General physician with DPM in family medicine
Doctor:kindly login for further queries
Doctor:please proceed with the query
User:There is gap formed in between my teeths
Doctor:from how long is it
User:one week
User:i consulted local doctor. he filled the gap
Doctor:do you feel your teeth is coming forward
User:now the filling has come out
User:because of that i am unable to eat, it's paining
User:when i try to eat , i feel it pressses the muscle in the gap
User:which leads to pain
Doctor:the gap might be due the fact that is teeth might be coming forward
User:the gap is because , the teeth was eaten by germs partially
Doctor:it is normal for fillings to break if you eat hard, hot food
User:doctor told no need to remove the teeth, because, it is strong. will need to get it filled again, but just avoid hot food, hard food like chapathi,sugarcane, corn
Doctor:avoid eating hard food on that side of mouth
User:till when i should not eat hard food?
Doctor:even chewing gum can easily pull off the fillings
User:is there no permanent solution for this?
Doctor:no, after doing the fillings do not eat hard food.Which side is it present
Doctor:the only solution is fillings
Doctor:Which side is it present
User:left lower middle
Doctor:ok,just avoid chewing on that side after fillings done.we cannot do any implant because there is no tooth present above,otherwise a cap could have been put
Doctor:if there was maybe even a part of the tooth shaft then an implant could have been put
Doctor:do youhave any more queries
User:part of the tooth is there (partially eaten by germs)
Doctor:ok, then you can get it completely cleaned and ask the dentist to see if there is possibilty of putting a metal cap or ceramic cap over there with fillings
Doctor:so the fillings wont fall off
Doctor:i think it wont be a problem
Doctor:he will be able to do it
Doctor:both ways you cannot eat hard food
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:kindly login for further queries
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor